C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 1982 Collector Edition Power Antenna Relay Location

Old 12-13-2017, 06:02 PM
Artie NutZ
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C3 1982 Collector Edition Power Antenna Relay Location

Hello all,
I'm trying to find the Power Antenna Relay Location in my 1982 C3 Collector Edition.
The problem I have is the antenna mast is stick in the up position...I'm not sure if the problem is related to the relay or if I have an issue within the power antenna itself.
Can anyone kindly offer any past experience on how to diagnose where the fault is?
If I can I'm trying to avoid removing the antenna, as this is quite a process involving the removal of the muffler.
As always, many thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Artie

Last edited by Artie NutZ; 12-13-2017 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:05 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

If my memory serves me correctly...the power antenna relay will either be behind the passenger seat...under the pull out tray in the compartment behind the passenger seat.
It is mounted on the backside of the vertical panel that your seat back rests against when the seat is all the way back. You about have to get your head upside down to look
in and see it.....OR...it is bolted to the underside area of the hand brake cover on the passenger side. Removing the carpeted side console strip will let you see it.

There relay will have two wire connectors plugged into it. And each of them will have 3 wires in each of them I know one of the connectors will have a green, white and gray wire in it. That connector is coming from your antenna....and the other I believe has an orange, pink and black wires in it.

DUB
The following users liked this post:
Artie NutZ (12-13-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 07:15 PM
terry82
Le Mans Master

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts

sorry but most likely you will have to remove the antenna.i would check to see if it is getting power,but generaly its the plastic cable that breaks.for me I would not replace because it will break again.leave it alone and replace with a hidden antenna.
Artie NutZ (12-13-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 09:17 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by terry82
sorry but most likely you will have to remove the antenna.i would check to see if it is getting power,but generaly its the plastic cable that breaks.for me I would not replace because it will break again.leave it alone and replace with a hidden antenna.

The antenna is more often the issue.

You'll find the relay here:

Artie NutZ (12-13-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 09:24 PM
Buccaneer
Melting Slicks

Location: Arizona - If you don’t know CFI, STOP proliferating the myths around it...
Received 997 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by DUB
If my memory serves me correctly...the power antenna relay will either be behind the passenger seat...under the pull out tray in the compartment behind the passenger seat.
It is mounted on the backside of the vertical panel that your seat back rests against when the seat is all the way back. You about have to get your head upside down to look
in and see it.....OR...it is bolted to the underside area of the hand brake cover on the passenger side. Removing the carpeted side console strip will let you see it.

There relay will have two wire connectors plugged into it. And each of them will have 3 wires in each of them I know one of the connectors will have a green, white and gray wire in it. That connector is coming from your antenna....and the other I believe has an orange, pink and black wires in it.

DUB
Can you hear the antenna trying to move down? If you have power, you should be able to hear the motor running. If it is running, you probably have the white nylon cable in the antenna broken like mentioned. Good luck.
Artie NutZ (12-13-2017)
Old 12-14-2017, 05:48 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by Buccaneer
Can you hear the antenna trying to move down? If you have power, you should be able to hear the motor running. If it is running, you probably have the white nylon cable in the antenna broken like mentioned. Good luck.

If the white antenna mast cable has snapped..the antenna will run until it kills your battery.

DUB
Old 12-15-2017, 02:53 PM
Crash80
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DUB

If the white antenna mast cable has snapped..the antenna will run until it kills your battery.

DUB
Been there, done that.

Get notified of new replies

To C3 1982 Collector Edition Power Antenna Relay Location

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C3 1982 Collector Edition Power Antenna Relay Location