C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: fitech or holley sniper
fitech
18.18%
holley sniper
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Let the discussion begin fitech vs holley sniper

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 08:34 PM
Bigeddie
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Let the discussion begin fitech vs holley sniper

I've been contemplating doing a fuel injection setup and of course I'm debating about the two. What is peoples opinion in this forum?
Old 12-19-2017, 08:39 PM
Buccaneer
Melting Slicks

Location: Arizona - If you don’t know CFI, STOP proliferating the myths around it...
Received 997 Likes on 686 Posts

From what I've "heard and read" lately, FiTech has had and is having issues with their EFI setup. I haven't heard of any "negative" issues with the Holley EFI. The shop I go to for dyno tuning in Lake Havasu sells Holley EFI and likes it, but he may be a little biased because of being a retailer. Do your research for sure. I waas also going to do a Sniper setup on my motor as a test bed.

Last edited by Buccaneer; 12-19-2017 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:29 PM
terry82
Le Mans Master

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts

let us know how the test goes.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:40 PM
claysmoker
Race Director

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'11-'12-'13-'14

There's a gigantic thread on chevelles.com on the Fitech units.

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/89-e...tings-etc.html

Last edited by claysmoker; 12-19-2017 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:36 PM
Metalhead140
Drifting

Received 472 Likes on 344 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

My Fitech works great, and has done for over a year and 11,000 miles including quite a lot of competition... But the Sniper was specifically released to target the Fitech, and seems to equal or slightly beat it on each point. If I was buying today then I'd probably buy the Sniper. Though the Sniper can only support 650hp, that will be plenty for most people. I love my Fitech though.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:57 PM
Hiltonlo
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Any chance you could be convinced to step up to mpfi and not a entry level tbi? They are just so limited. The fact that they rate them in HP says a lot about how basic they are.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:47 AM
gleninsandiego
Safety Car

Received 1,065 Likes on 583 Posts

What about size and fitment?
Will either fit under a stock 69 hood on a small block?

Thanks
Glenn in San Diego
Old 12-20-2017, 03:31 AM
Metalhead140
Drifting

Originally Posted by Hiltonlo
Any chance you could be convinced to step up to mpfi and not a entry level tbi? They are just so limited. The fact that they rate them in HP says a lot about how basic they are.
Not sure I agree with that logic, it's just about what injectors are fitted really. Some people have fitted larger injectors, at least to the Fitech.

Originally Posted by gwgwgw
What about size and fitment?
Will either fit under a stock 69 hood on a small block?

Thanks
Glenn in San Diego
Either will. They bolt on in place of a carburettor.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:10 AM
terrys6t8roadster
Melting Slicks

Received 337 Likes on 280 Posts

Planning on this project for the 69 this winter. Mine has A/C so not much room under hood for mounting components since the MSD takes up the room on the passenger fender well I think I'm going with the Holley system with an in tank pump from Tanks Inc. Since I don't like hose clamps on rubber hoses I'll be using stainless steel flex hosing and AN fittings. Only still in doubt is the fuel filter. Aeroquip seems like the only inline filter housing with a decent filter but another $100+ where will it end. T
Old 12-20-2017, 08:39 AM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,256 Likes on 3,903 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

I've been doing a small amount of research on the manufactureres web sites. I llke the Fitech unit with the Holley sniper Tank now with the install options but if you go to summit and Jegs you can read the buyers comments. One guy said the Holley injectors were really loud and it had computer problems. Another said the pump up time to load the injectors is 2 seconds once the key is on and he feels it takes forever.Engine masters put a unit on their engine and it wouldnt work on a dual plane and had to go to a single plane. Not sure what heir issue was.

I do like the custom tank. Its only about 250 more than buying just the fuel pump and it comes with a fuel sender gauge and looks to be a good setup for c3s.

I'm still up in the air. I'm leaning to the new holley 3x2 setup just because I always wanted one and I dont need to change any thing other than the intake. My air cleaner setup will obviously need mods as well
Old 12-20-2017, 09:34 AM
NeverTooOld
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

I would only go the full route; buying a system that uses 8 individual port mounted fuel injectors because throttle body injectors are little more than a more efficient carburetor.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:33 AM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by terrys6t8roadster
Only still in doubt is the fuel filter. Aeroquip seems like the only inline filter housing with a decent filter but another $100+ where will it end. T
I'm using the Holley billet filter. It's a nice, quality, product. $68:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/h...-550/overview/

The following users liked this post:
terrys6t8roadster (12-21-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 11:16 AM
Backstop
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by NeverTooOld
I would only go the full route; buying a system that uses 8 individual port mounted fuel injectors because throttle body injectors are little more than a more efficient carburetor.
Sure, but that's their selling point, they are easier to install than a full system and easier to tune than a carb. They are a compromise.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:47 AM
Bloodzone
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 77 Posts

I've been running the Fitech 600HP unit with their FCC for a year. I've had no major problems and I'm happy so far. Car starts right up and I can drive no matter the outside temp. Its really nice after a long car show in cooler weather to crank and drive away while all the carb guys are working on getting theirs to idle and stay running.

Fitech Customer service has improved and you can talk to a tech right away. From what I've noticed many Fitech problems are caused from poor wiring/installation. Even my FCC operated fine in Georgia summer heat. I did do the FCC modification which drops pump temps and reduces stress on the unit. I did the mod proactively. I never had any heat problems prior or since.

I have no experience with the Sniper so can't comment on it.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:36 PM
Bigeddie
Burning Brakes

fi tech has FiTech easy street efi and the go efi 600 both support the same horsepower but theres a 200 dollar difference. does anyone have any info? Thanks for the input everyone keep it going !
Old 12-20-2017, 03:39 PM
Bigeddie
Burning Brakes

disregard. The differences (besides the price) are the quality of finish, the ability of the EFI to control ignition timing and an electric fan control.(although in the chart it does say it controls one fan)
Old 12-20-2017, 07:53 PM
Metalhead140
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bloodzone
I've been running the Fitech 600HP unit with their FCC for a year. I've had no major problems and I'm happy so far. Car starts right up and I can drive no matter the outside temp. Its really nice after a long car show in cooler weather to crank and drive away while all the carb guys are working on getting theirs to idle and stay running.

Fitech Customer service has improved and you can talk to a tech right away. From what I've noticed many Fitech problems are caused from poor wiring/installation. Even my FCC operated fine in Georgia summer heat. I did do the FCC modification which drops pump temps and reduces stress on the unit. I did the mod proactively. I never had any heat problems prior or since.

I have no experience with the Sniper so can't comment on it.
Likewise, my Fitech and FCC have been flawless. Only minor drama I've had has been exhaust manifold leaks causing rich running, which is a function of design and will happen with any of these systems. My engine is a grumpy big cam high compression engine, and with the Fitech it is super driveable hot or cold. I've been exceptionally happy with it, and have put 11,000 miles on it in the past 12 months, including a number of competitive events.

Last edited by Metalhead140; 12-20-2017 at 07:56 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Let the discussion begin fitech vs holley sniper

Old 12-23-2017, 08:57 PM
Vaipulu
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bigeddie
I've been contemplating doing a fuel injection setup and of course I'm debating about the two. What is peoples opinion in this forum?
For the super budget the Fitech Go Street $795 is the way to go. If your looking at or thinking about picking up the next step with Go Efi 4 $995, Go with the Sniper. Chances are your also wanting electric water pump and electric fans and the Sniper has more of these connections for the unit to control. Also, if your planning on using timing control (you should) the car community seems to have more success with Holley and their own Distro designed for the Sniper. If it’s just fuel management and you know your not going to do much more, get the Fitech. Holley is the way to go if your dreaming about crate engines or E-85. Neither one is going to be better, just more tuned for your application.I have the Sniper, but was in your shoes not long ago. I am happy with my purchase.
Bigeddie (12-26-2017)
Old 12-26-2017, 11:54 PM
Bigeddie
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vaipulu
For the super budget the Fitech Go Street $795 is the way to go. If your looking at or thinking about picking up the next step with Go Efi 4 $995, Go with the Sniper. Chances are your also wanting electric water pump and electric fans and the Sniper has more of these connections for the unit to control. Also, if your planning on using timing control (you should) the car community seems to have more success with Holley and their own Distro designed for the Sniper. If it’s just fuel management and you know your not going to do much more, get the Fitech. Holley is the way to go if your dreaming about crate engines or E-85. Neither one is going to be better, just more tuned for your application.I have the Sniper, but was in your shoes not long ago. I am happy with my purchase.
Thanks for your response. i recently built my 383 stroker so the 995 unit is what i will be going with.
Old 12-27-2017, 10:53 AM
silver74vette
Pro

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

I recently put a Sniper on my Street Rod and am very pleased with it. I have done setups on FiTech units and my Sniper and prefer the sniper interface. Both units run well when setup properly. I did quite a bit of looking and am very happy with the Sniper.

I would be glad to answer any questions you have on my setup.
Bigeddie (12-29-2017)

Quick Reply: Let the discussion begin fitech vs holley sniper