C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the AC wiring schematics wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 05:21 PM
Vogast
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Is the AC wiring schematics wrong?

My 69 AIM shows red fused wire coming from a horn relay to the starter but my setup is different. Lectric limited stock wiring harness clearly shows orange/red fused wire being connected to an AC relay ( not connected to the starter). Mine is like that, similar to what 1970 AIM shows (thanks Willcox). Is the AIM incorrect? Was the wire from horn relay ever connected to a starter. My car is November 69 so maybe I have 1970 wiring?

http://repairs.willcoxcorvette.com/1...function-test/

Old 01-25-2018, 01:36 AM
ezobens
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

GM made a lot of running changes in 1969 (and later) and your AIM is probably correct for at least a portion of the 69' model run.
When retro-fitting factory A/C into my 69' coupe, I was amazed at how many variations in A/C wiring and vacuum controls there were from 69 to 72.
Crazy..
Old 01-25-2018, 10:16 AM
Vogast
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts

I would very much like to see pics of engine bay of 69 AC car. Mine has AC gutted and I cannot figure out how it mingles with the engine harness - for example near the blower motor.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:44 PM
caskiguy
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 843 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by Vogast
I would very much like to see pics of engine bay of 69 AC car. Mine has AC gutted and I cannot figure out how it mingles with the engine harness - for example near the blower motor.
Look into the wiring diagrams from docrebuild.com

Get notified of new replies

To Is the AC wiring schematics wrong?

Quick Reply: Is the AC wiring schematics wrong?