C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls swap time 73 vette

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 02:16 PM
brick1234
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default ls swap time 73 vette

I totalled my daily driver 99 camaro z28 with 116000 miles. all that was done to it was long tube headers, full exhaust and air filter and put down 315 to the wheels. So in the next few months my friend will be doing the swap for me and i have decided to keep it fuel injection, stockish and with the 460le trans instead of carbed and turbo 400 in my other one. the current set up in it i would say puts down about the same power but with the weight savings and better first gear should help with 3.08 gears. I already have ordered a few parts and hope to offset the cost with selling the current motor and trans out the 73 and parts off the camaro that won't be used in swap

front suspension rebuild kit
rear spring and shocks
3 row aluminum radaitor
external fuel pump
l88 bolt on fender flares (already have 295 50 15 hankook brand new in shed)
3200 stall (yet to be ordered)
debating on which way to go on engine and trans mounts since cost is a factor and not in a rush.

The thing that killed me was 3 days before the accident i raised my deductible to 1k/2k on all my cars since ive only be in one accident 8 years ago but have a crap ton of tickets so thought i was going to save alot nope. I only paid 2.5k for the camaro then 500 in wheels and got that back even with 2k deductible and buy back. luckily i wasnt hurt and used the money to buy an 89 corvette for a daily. My orginal plan in december when i bought the camaro was to drive it till next december then put it in the 73 when im taking off 3 weeks .

Quick Reply: ls swap time 73 vette