C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lonestar caliper warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 01:27 PM
1975greenconvertible
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Default Lonestar caliper warranty?

My '75 had its original front caliper start leaking about 2 years ago, so I parked it and looked into new calipers for it. I decided to try Lonestar caliper's rebuilt Delco o-ring & SS sleeve. I bought all four, but got too busy to install them, so they've been sitting in a closet until now. Yesterday I finally got around to installing them. Three of them went on fine, but there was an issue with the rear right. When I installed the stainless brake line, the flare nut completely bottomed out and the brake line could still slide in and out. I removed everything and looked into the hole and there is no flare fitting in the caliper. The stainless brake line flare has no mating surface inside the caliper. Is this something that I can buy and install to fix the issue? Would Lonestar do an exchange even though I purchased these 2 years ago?
Old 02-25-2018, 01:38 PM
F4Gary
Le Mans Master

Received 774 Likes on 468 Posts
2018 C3 of Year Finalist
2016 C3 of the Year Finalist

Give them a call.
Old 02-25-2018, 01:40 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by F4Gary
Give them a call.

and talk to Ken.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:07 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,017 Likes on 1,309 Posts

I'd be really surprised if Lonestar gave you any trouble about warrantying them.

I'm a dealer for Lonestar. When I have any warranty calipers, they don't even ask what the issue is, they just give me fresh calipers. It may help that I am a dealer, but I don't think so. They've been in the hobby long enough to understand that cars and parts often sit awhile, before parts get installed, and cars get finished or on the road.

Talk to Ken, and explain the situation, but I'd call tomorrow (Monday). Corvette Expo's next weekend, and he'll probably be on the road to Tennessee by Wednesday. Ken's usually easier to catch in the afternoon, and if you can't get Ken, ask for Patty.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:32 PM
Duntov
Drifting

Received 81 Likes on 60 Posts

Good company and have dealt with them in one form or another for 30 years. They were called Dynacore back then.
Old 03-03-2018, 02:01 PM
1975greenconvertible
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Talked to Patty and told her the situation. She sent me out the missing piece right away with no issues.

Get notified of new replies

To Lonestar caliper warranty?

Quick Reply: Lonestar caliper warranty?