C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

454 car.. what should I do??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 12:41 AM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

If you have to (or want to) pull the engine, swap in a BB. But, if that's not in the budget right now, tune what you have as well as you can and enjoy the heck out of it. When the funds get better, do the deed!
Old 03-19-2018, 06:13 AM
derekderek
Race Director

Received 3,387 Likes on 2,632 Posts

Like I said earlier. Keep an eye open for pulleys and brackets it'll put a big block into a Corvette. If something fallsin your lap for the right price jump on it. If you end up not using it you can always resell it for more.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:37 PM
JohnRR
Burning Brakes

Received 274 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Throw that "makes sense" stuff out the window, this is about what makes you happy.

If you want the BB go do it then, what we say doesnt matter a bit. You have to be the guy whos happy when you turn the key. Just know if you think yhoure going to be happy wiht 350 youll probably really want 450
THe torque of the BB is pretty hard to resist ;maybe theres someone in your area who can take you out in one. Doesnt seem like the 350 is doing it so definitely go up in cubes period.
Like he said, do what is going to make you happy in the long run. You said that you just want to have a cool car to drive around town. LS engines are the latest rage. BUT, open the hood and see Big Block Mill, and it just doesn't get any cooler than that!

Enjoy life and choose happy,
John

Quick Reply: 454 car.. what should I do??