C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which 850 cfm Quick Fuel Carburetor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 01:52 AM
OldCarBum
Race Director

Received 4,693 Likes on 2,936 Posts
Default Which 850 cfm Quick Fuel Carburetor?

I've decided to run an 850 cfm Quick Fuel Carburetor on my 496 build.
Holley Tech Services recommended their Quick Fuel Street SQ-850, which has cast aluminum fuel blocks and a cast aluminum base plate, for $548.95.

They also offer the Quick Fuel Q-850, which has billet aluminum fuel blocks and a billet aluminum base plate for $772.00.

Both carburetors have no choke, mechanical secondaries, vacuum ports and the same internals.
Holley Tech Services said the billet carburetor is better quality, but doesn't offer any performance gains and said that the Quick Fuel Street SQ-850 is still better quality than their Holley HP series carburetors.
For those who run the Quick Fuel carburetors, is it worth spending the additional cost for the billet fuel blocks and base plates?
Why?
Thanks, Greg
Old 03-23-2018, 12:02 AM
ronarndt
Drifting

Received 252 Likes on 193 Posts

The QFT 750 cfm mechanical secondary, double pumper the PO put on my 68 convert with NOM 454 had no choke when I got it. I added an electric choke so I did not have to pump the gas pedal to get it started, and keep it running until it warmed up. The four adjustments for idle mixture, the sight windows to check fuel bowl level and general good quality of the QFT would make me buy one again. Mine is billet aluminum and works just fine, but the PO paid the extra money for it.
The following users liked this post:
OldCarBum (03-23-2018)

Quick Reply: Which 850 cfm Quick Fuel Carburetor?