What Would YOU do? Question: Original Fuel Pump - Use it OR Replace it (???) - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C3 Corvettes, 1968 - 1982 > C3 Tech/Performance
Reload this Page >

What Would YOU do? Question: Original Fuel Pump - Use it OR Replace it (???)

Notices
C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette

What Would YOU do? Question: Original Fuel Pump - Use it OR Replace it (???)

Old 05-20-2018, 05:26 PM
jb78L-82
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette View Post
w/derek, its old period. Replace it, carry a spare, belts stuff like that and tools just in case. AAA Card takes care of the rest.
Ill never understand some that build a new motor, stick a rusty old water pump/fuel pump on and roll the dice. Penny wise, pound foolish.
As said nobody cares if its original it drives the same. That stuff gets way overblown in forums, in real life it doesnt mean a thing at all.
Exactly what I was thinking in 2014 when I rebuilt the L-82. Why keep the OEM fuel pump on the newly rebuilt motor when the pump was 37 years old....it is going to fail at some point either from age or wear.......
Old 05-26-2018, 01:57 PM
CorvetteRon

I still have the original fuel pump on my '76 and it works fine. But, when going to start the car the fuel line to the carb is empty, so I am guessing that there is a check valve in the pump letting the fuel drain back. Anyone know if there is a check valve?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What Would YOU do? Question: Original Fuel Pump - Use it OR Replace it (???)

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: