C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water Temp Gauge Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 11:09 AM
mtilasha
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Water Temp Gauge Wiring

I have a 1982, but I've replaced the crossfire injection system with a Fitech Go EFI system .The EFI uses a 2 wire coolant Temp sensor from a 1985+ Chevy with the TPI system. My question is if I ran a wire from the signal wire of the 2 wire sensor to my temp gauge, would the gauge work? If not, since all the ports on my intake manifold are already being used, could I install the original temp sender in the port on the top of the water pump?
Old 05-25-2018, 06:16 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Th wire for the GAUGE is NOT the same as the TWO WIRES that were in you original coolant temp sensor.

As for where to put the temp sending unit for the temp gauge . You have to put it where you have a spot.

Is there no place in the cylinder head to put it???

I do not think that in the water pump is good place to put it due the coolant that is in the water pump has basically just came from the radiator where it was cooled back down. I do not think it would be accurate in giving you the REAL temp the engine is at.

DUB
Old 05-25-2018, 06:51 PM
mtilasha
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I remembered about the cylinder head a few hours after posting this. I just had a major brain fart. Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To Water Temp Gauge Wiring

Quick Reply: Water Temp Gauge Wiring