C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Monster Transmission & Performance?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 01:27 PM
Kacyc3
Drifting

Received 184 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by _CJ
Not sure what warranties you were reading as bowtie only has a 1 year unlimited mile and Monster has a 3yr unlimited mile?
Also I just read warranties and bowtie you have to take back to the facility and Monster has a network of shops that can repair it for you.

Sounds like you're just trying to plug bowtie...no thank you.
There is a bowtie 700 in my car, previous owner put it in back in like 04. It didnt get driven much but it was not babied when it is driven but it is still a 700, a 4l80 is much better choice.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:39 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

For a 4L60E, RPM Transmissions is the only show in town if you want one to some what last....And even then, its on borrowed time.

I ran a Level 7 RPM 4l60 in my 850 rwhp C5Z for 3 years, 10k miles and it always hit like a cannon and nailed shifts on point. After I sold the car, the next owner said it failed on the 3rd pass. I'm sure it was due for a refreshening but....it always worked great.

Now they have a level 10 with a billet drum and backing plate...That's the way to go... About $5k.

Otherwise, go with a 4L80e if you are making serious power.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:49 PM
Cautrell05
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Few warranty notes for Monster-

http://www.monstertransmission.com/T..._ep_116-1.html

Limited Warranty does not cover any of the following:

Any and all freight costs including freight damage claims.
Fluid, rental cars, loss of wages, any labor costs not associated with a previous agreement made by Monster Transmission & Performance.
Removal/reinstall fees, towing costs, inspection fees and any other incidental costs or damages which may be associated with product failure are not covered.

The warranty does not cover the following parts: pump, pump components, shafts, sprags, drums, planetaries and/or cases. These parts are not commonly broken, however in the event this occurs, Monster Transmission & Performance offers replacement parts at a discounted price.

So basically they dont cover towing, freight in any direction, or any hard parts inside the transmission even though its sold as a high performance unit.

Last edited by Cautrell05; 05-29-2018 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:13 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

LOL, no warranty on the hard parts. So, they'll build you a 700hp 4L60 transmission but you're out of luck if it breaks one of the common to fail hard parts the first time you put your foot into it.

Quick Reply: Monster Transmission & Performance?