Notices
C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette

1978 fuse panel diagram

Old 06-10-2018, 08:29 PM
DB Cooper
CF Senior Member

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Default 1978 fuse panel diagram

Anyone have a reference photo for the fuse locations on a 78 ? Most of the lettering is gone on mine, and I don't see a reference in the usual locations (AIM, shop manual, wiring diagram, etc). I'm pretty sure the wiper circuit shouldn't work with the key off, should it ?
Old 06-10-2018, 09:00 PM
biackbenz
CF Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by DB Cooper View Post
Anyone have a reference photo for the fuse locations on a 78 ? Most of the lettering is gone on mine, and I don't see a reference in the usual locations (AIM, shop manual, wiring diagram, etc). I'm pretty sure the wiper circuit shouldn't work with the key off, should it ?
I have one in my owners manual. I will scan it tomorrow and send kit to you or post a PDF here.

My wipers do not operate with the key off.
Old 06-10-2018, 09:28 PM
DB Cooper
CF Senior Member

Thanks. And yeah, I was half kidding about the key off. The one diagram I found for a 78 in a shop manual showed the wiper in the lower left, which is hot with the key off. I'm trying to chase down why I intermittently lose +12v to the white wire in the middle of the abc connector on the wiper motor, newly determined after driving 50 miles home on the freeway last night in light rain, with the wipers sitting in mid stroke where they stopped for no apparent reason.

And yes, I have rebuilt the switch and the wiper motor,, bench tested both, and confirmed when the wipers quit, it loses +12 to that center pin. Jumping that pin to +12 makes them work. Rather than pull the fusebox off the firewall to hunt down the bad wire, I spliced into the plug to the wiper and fed another white wire through the firewall. Looking to tuck it in with the correct fuse location and call it "Bubba'ed" lol

Last edited by DB Cooper; 06-10-2018 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:32 PM
biackbenz
CF Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Sent you a PM
The following users liked this post:
DB Cooper (06-11-2018)
Old 06-11-2018, 08:24 PM
DB Cooper
CF Senior Member

Thanks man !

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1978 fuse panel diagram

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: