C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vbp offset trailing arms

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 02:41 PM
User-C3
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Default vbp offset trailing arms

does anyone know if the offset trailing arms from vbp come assembled with poly bushings?
I had one side completely gone. replaced just the one bushing with poly assuming the other side is but am now questioning if I need to do the other side as well.

Their site is down right now so I cant exactly get on there and read their info.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:40 PM
Tampa Jerry
Le Mans Master

Received 1,328 Likes on 960 Posts

Default Vbp

You may want to search the forum regarding Vette Brakes and Products. They are no longer in business. I would call Danny at Van Steel and ask him about the offset trailing arms. I am not a fan of poly in the trailing arms. I have replaced both sets in my 66 and 68 coupes. They turned to glass and fell out. Jerry
Old 06-13-2018, 04:20 PM
User-C3
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

I do agree that poly is not the best but for now it is fine. I plan on shortly going spherical bearings on everything. Just want to make sure I dont have one poly and one softer rubber or something. I am almost positive they came with poly. To your point the one did basically crack up and disintegrate, so I'm sure it was poly.

I had a feeling that might be the case with vbp. such is life
Old 06-13-2018, 05:04 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Originally Posted by User-C3
I do agree that poly is not the best but for now it is fine. I plan on shortly going spherical bearings on everything. Just want to make sure I dont have one poly and one softer rubber or something. I am almost positive they came with poly. To your point the one did basically crack up and disintegrate, so I'm sure it was poly.

I had a feeling that might be the case with vbp. such is life
Just my SWAG (scientific wild-assed guess), I think VB&P's poly formulation may have been questionable. I'd look into Energy Suspension or Prothane bushings.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:05 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

I wouldnt be a bit surprised if vbp had a run of crap bushings, and did have failures in trailing arms,

I bought a chassis said to be rebuilt ready to go. Hah, right,

It had all the vbp transverse stuff never on the road just assembled, and from just sitting a short time many poly bushing were cracked to the point of falling apart,
That is defective plain and simple.

This had been s couple years but back then i call vbp the lady doesnt know gives the phone to someone saying they are the owner,

He basically in a smug snarky way tells me thats what bushings do and so what not his problem but he would be happy to sell me what i need full price,

And is there any wonder they went out of business

Get notified of new replies

To vbp offset trailing arms

Quick Reply: vbp offset trailing arms