79 - Air through heater vents when lights are on - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette

79 - Air through heater vents when lights are on

Old 07-13-2018, 10:44 PM
Lagonia
CF Senior Member

Default 79 - Air through heater vents when lights are on

I recently refreshed the A/C systems and it appears to work just fine (during daylight hours). Tonight it was the first time I drove the Vette in the night with the A/C on. Airflow was coming through the heater vents only. Once I turned the lights off, the air-flow was restored through the center and side vents.

Is this unusual or a known issue?
Old 07-13-2018, 11:23 PM
Willcox Corvette
Premium Supporting Vendor

Thanked 1,000 Times in 854 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Years ago I restored a 1979 that was fire damaged... (never again will I do a fire car).... But I had a similar issue.... The problem was the ground at the number 1 body mount. The fire caused the ground to corrode and not make good contact. My issue was when I'd turn the headlamps on the gauges would stop working in the center console. So I'd suspect that this might be a similar issue for you.

You might check the main wire ground at the A pillar (see number 3 in the picture below) and/or run a temporary ground from the number 1 mount to the frame and see if this fixes your issue....

Willcox

Last edited by Willcox Corvette; 07-13-2018 at 11:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Willcox Corvette For This Useful Post:
Lagonia (07-14-2018)

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: