C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1969 front grill question

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 01:47 PM
Vette69roadster
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 1969 front grill question

OK so i'm looking at the front grill area here and I know I'm missing a mounting bracket here. I am a bit perplexed tho as to which one. I see a hole where it mounts at the top in the headlight bay but no holes in the bottom valance. Maybe the bottom valance was replaced at some point. Also what was the hole in the bracket on the bumper for? My car is an early 69, 4011 in the run. I wonder if they were using the 68 grill mounting brackets still. does anyone know if these used holes in the lower valance? I have looked at pictures of the 68 system and can't really get a sense of how it all goes together.

bracket mounting hole in headlight assembly frame

lower valance, no holes??
Old 07-15-2018, 07:36 PM
ignatz
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,126 Likes on 730 Posts

I have an early 69 and I would say you are missing two holes down near that rusted out hole. I couldn't get my camera to focus down there from outside the grill but maybe this will help you identify the bracket you need

The following users liked this post:
Vette69roadster (07-15-2018)
Old 07-15-2018, 10:14 PM
Vette69roadster
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ignatz
I have an early 69 and I would say you are missing two holes down near that rusted out hole. I couldn't get my camera to focus down there from outside the grill but maybe this will help you identify the bracket you need

Thanks ignatz, the pictures help, they always do. I can clearly see the type of bracket I need. It is like all 69's. I still cant figure out why the bumper bracket has that hole in it there. Anyway gonna those brackets and getem in there. Thanks again

Get notified of new replies

To 1969 front grill question

Quick Reply: 1969 front grill question