C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger door won’t open

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 04:38 PM
MeanGreenMachine76
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger door won’t open

my passenger door is not opening anymore. After doing some research it seems like I need to replace the whole inner door mechanism. Any tips on how to do this? Found the parts that I think I need. Posted below.

http://www.corvetteamerica.com/catal...1%2C1882%2C304
Old 07-15-2018, 04:48 PM
Peterbuilt
Le Mans Master

Received 1,244 Likes on 965 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Default Hi and Welcome!

You probably don't need all those parts.
Roll the window down and push down on this part.
Once you get the door open remove the door panel and photograph or describe what you see and someone will guide you.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:47 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by MeanGreenMachine76
my passenger door is not opening anymore. After doing some research it seems like I need to replace the whole inner door mechanism. Any tips on how to do this? Found the parts that I think I need. Posted below.

http://www.corvetteamerica.com/catal...1%2C1882%2C304
More than likely you just need the door lock assembly... no rods or anything else unless the ends are bent and causing the problem. Petes picture is spot on for how to get the door open but I'd take it apart first before I bought anything. Years ago I did a write up on how to repair the old locks, I'm not sure if it's still on the forum.

And here is another picture of how to get the door open when it's stuck... the fail safe lever will work even if the door is locked, the issue is getting to it with a long screw driver and depending on the year of the car you may have to bust through the anti theft shields.

Get notified of new replies

To Passenger door won’t open

Quick Reply: Passenger door won’t open