C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help to determine possible horse power!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 04:20 PM
OldCarBum
Race Director

Received 4,690 Likes on 2,933 Posts

Just Kidding, Not mine!
I found this while investigating an illegal tow yard operating in the City.
The owner was actually pretty proud of the work he'd done.
The following users liked this post:
KNOT-HEAD (02-12-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 04:39 PM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by OldCarBum
Like this?
I've got the suspension lifted 12 inches, solid rear axle, transfer case and solid front axle installed.
The frame mods were a headache, but worth it in the end.
New hood is fitted, front nose on order and starting body work.
All running gear and the V8 came out of my 75 Jeep.
And that's how its done up right...

Thanks, BOY, I NEEDED THIS!

MY HERO!!!!! Now we talking! "You" don't need the Gumbo Mudders, because you will be running in sand not Black Jack mud. You only need a small winch because the sand doesn't stick to the drive train like mud does and form a suction on the drive train. "You" still need a brush guard/winch bumper front and rear plus a roll bar. Keep a house trailer tie down screw anchor in the car for when you get stuck between a rock and a hard place. "You" aren't going to have any trees to attach the wench cable too, so you screw the tie down anchor in the sand then hook the wench to, once you get stuck. When you are rock climbing, throw the anchor between two rocks and you are home free.

I was raised in the mud. Not much sand or rocky places here. Here you want something light weight, with good ground clearance and plenty gap between the lugged mud grips on your tires, so the mud will sling out the grips of the tire, while keeping good traction plus you don't sink in the soft mud, dragging your differential and flywheel cover in the mud. "You" need something with a little weight to it, wide all terrain tires so you don't dig a hole in the sand and a snorkel for the intake so you don't suck up sand in the carb. I'm like a fish out of water when it comes too all this highfalutin street car mumbo jumbo, but get me off road..... I'LL MAKE YOU PROUD!

KNOT-HEAD
Old 02-12-2019, 04:41 PM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by OldCarBum
Just Kidding, Not mine!
I found this while investigating an illegal tow yard operating in the City.
The owner was actually pretty proud of the work he'd done.
Man...That Hurts! You had me all fired up! THINK HE'D SELL IT?

KNOT-HEAD
Old 02-12-2019, 05:07 PM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by KNOT-HEAD
Man...That Hurts! You had me all fired up! THINK HE'D SELL IT?

KNOT-HEAD
HAY "fishslayer143"... Want to go in 50/50 on it? This would make the front page of the New Iberia Times! We would need to add a trailer hitch so we could drag the crawfish trap trailer behind it! Man, I can see it now....The Breaugh Bridge Crawfish Queen standing in the seat, while you drive down main street, leading the pack in the Breaugh Bridge Crawfish Festival Parade! Hell! You'd most probably be voted "KING"! YOU TALK ABOUT...PASS A GOOD TIME....AHEEEEE!

KNOT-HEAD

Last edited by KNOT-HEAD; 02-12-2019 at 05:09 PM. Reason: edit text
Old 02-14-2019, 03:49 PM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Finally got the oil leaks on the new engine stopped. Had to replace the factory valve covers with heavy duty ones plus install a good PCV valve.

KNOT-HEAD

New valve cover and vent. 2/14/19

New valve cover and PCV valve 2/14/19
Old 02-14-2019, 04:12 PM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 306 Posts

they did not stab your distributer correctly..
KNOT-HEAD (02-23-2019)
Old 02-23-2019, 05:52 PM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

How should it be stabbed and what difference does it make?

KNOT-HEAD
Old 02-23-2019, 06:47 PM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 306 Posts

How should it be stabbed and what difference does it make?

KNOT-HEAD
See how that plug wire on the drivers side is hard up on your intake? it should be more square on it, even on both sides.. that is to say it should be clocked back CW a full tooth on the cam
then it would fit and look better.. this way you are maxed out on the timing, as the plug wire/cap will not let you advance it any further..
Also it can cause spark jump at that point
KNOT-HEAD (03-09-2019)
Old 03-09-2019, 10:27 PM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by pauldana
See how that plug wire on the drivers side is hard up on your intake? it should be more square on it, even on both sides.. that is to say it should be clocked back CW a full tooth on the cam
then it would fit and look better.. this way you are maxed out on the timing, as the plug wire/cap will not let you advance it any further..
Also it can cause spark jump at that point
Thanks,
If I more the stab point, will that change the timing?

KNOT HEAD

P.S.
Sorry for the slow response but I have been temporarily moved to another job site. A one hour drive each way, working 13 hours a day, six days a week with one day off per week for the next 58 days (minimum). When I'm not working...I'm sleeping.

Different subject manner.
I'm working with a guy that said his daddy had Maxi-Price fly him to their showroom in 2003 to purchase a fully loaded 2003, 50 year anniversary Corvette. He said the man paid $70 (+)K for the car and drove it back to Louisiana. The car has 200,000 (+) miles on it, in pristine condition and has been up on a lift in a storage building for the last 7 years. He says it is a one of a kind because there were no other cars of that type that was sold with every option Corvette had available at the time. I will ask if he can get the vin number the next time he is around the car.
What do you think this car will be worth today? I know that is an off the wall question, given the minimal specs but I would think you would have some idea.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:42 PM
Big2Bird
Le Mans Master

Received 1,014 Likes on 808 Posts

I'm working with a guy that said his daddy had Maxi-Price fly him to their showroom in 2003 to purchase a fully loaded 2003, 50 year anniversary Corvette. He said the man paid $70 (+)K for the car and drove it back to Louisiana. The car has 200,000 (+) miles on it, in pristine condition and has been up on a lift in a storage building for the last 7 years. He says it is a one of a kind because there were no other cars of that type that was sold with every option Corvette had available at the time. I will ask if he can get the vin number the next time he is around the car.
What do you think this car will be worth today? I know that is an off the wall question, given the minimal specs but I would think you would have some idea.
200,000 miles and pristine sounds like a conflict of terms.
KNOT-HEAD (03-10-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 12:54 AM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Big2Bird
200,000 miles and pristine sounds like a conflict of terms.
Thanks,
I agree but his daddy is a very quality orientated man. I haven't seen the car. I was just curious to find out the facts!!!!

KNOT HEAD
Old 03-10-2019, 08:44 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Thanks,
If I more the stab point, will that change the timing?

KNOT HEAD

P.S.
Sorry for the slow response but I have been temporarily moved to another job site. A one hour drive each way, working 13 hours a day, six days a week with one day off per week for the next 58 days (minimum). When I'm not working...I'm sleeping.

read most corvette fs ads they are all rare and one of a kind. Its a high mi C5 wouldnt buy one with 200k period. Besides they arent collector cars
KNOT-HEAD (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 01:30 AM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
read most corvette fs ads they are all rare and one of a kind. Its a high mi C5 wouldnt buy one with 200k period. Besides they arent collector cars
Thanks,
I'm not interested in buying it and he is not interested in selling it... I have enough issues with the one I have already. The guy is somewhat a beggared and I wanted to evaluate some of his statements. So far my suspicions have been validated. He also talks about his fathers Jeep CJ7 having 500 horsepower. I have owned four Jeeps. One of them being a CJ7. The stock V8 some of them came with was too much for the vehicle. I had a 6 cylinder in mine and would still tare up the stock drive train.
Thanks for the update.

KNOT-HEAD

Quick Reply: Help to determine possible horse power!