Heads and cam.....here we go again - Page 4 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette

Heads and cam.....here we go again

Old 12-16-2018, 07:04 PM
Big2Bird
CF Senior Member

Pulled pork is scientifically proved to increase weight. I research this all the time.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:25 PM
Capt. Shark
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Into the Mystic And yet, despite the look on my face, you're still talking TN
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-18

Originally Posted by HeadsU.P. View Post
Hickory or charcoal?
Lump charcoal with hickory chunks on the BGE

Originally Posted by jackson View Post
vinegar-pepper or all the other stuff
I actually like vinegar base sauce

Originally Posted by 7t9l82 View Post
Apple wood. Chopped or pulled.
Only heatherns and pagans chop BBQ pork pig.

Just in case you're a carpetbagger from up north, heatherns is southern for heathens

Originally Posted by Big2Bird View Post
Pulled pork is scientifically proved to increase weight. I research this all the time.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:47 PM
jackson
CF Senior Member

I prefer the style I'm used to.
Eastern Carolina Vinegar-Pepper and of coarse it's Pork. Typically Oak as the Hickory tends to overwhelm other subtle flavors. Whole-hog cooked low & slow over oak w/ sometimes a little pecan tossed in and it's "mopped" w/ a thin vinegar-pepper sauce throughout cook. Turkey responds well to same method. My favorite cooks makes it at his home all Friday night and sells it on Saturday morning; No sign No ads. If he knows you, you can also leave with some very good stumphole he makes somewhere. Earlybird gets the worm; all this is over and done with by 10 am Saturdays.

I've eaten BBQ all across US... it's a lot like something else I desire ... in that I've never had any I didn't appreciate.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:07 AM
Capt. Shark
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Into the Mystic And yet, despite the look on my face, you're still talking TN
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-18

Originally Posted by jackson View Post
I prefer the style I'm used to.
Eastern Carolina Vinegar-Pepper and of coarse it's Pork. Typically Oak as the Hickory tends to overwhelm other subtle flavors. Whole-hog cooked low & slow over oak w/ sometimes a little pecan tossed in and it's "mopped" w/ a thin vinegar-pepper sauce throughout cook. Turkey responds well to same method. My favorite cooks makes it at his home all Friday night and sells it on Saturday morning; No sign No ads. If he knows you, you can also leave with some very good stumphole he makes somewhere. Earlybird gets the worm; all this is over and done with by 10 am Saturdays.

I've eaten BBQ all across US... it's a lot like something else I desire ... in that I've never had any I didn't appreciate.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heads and cam.....here we go again

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: