C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum Hose on 69

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 06:02 PM
jpatrick62
Burning Brakes

Received 243 Likes on 160 Posts
Default Vacuum Hose on 69

Hello, in the midst of fixing some wiring issues under the dash, I must have knocked off one of the vacuum hoses that goes to the right headlight bypass switch.

This is a 69 convertible, the left side has the blue and yellow tracers while the right side has the red tracer vacuum hose and this blue one. The blue tracer vacuum line is attached to the headlight bypass switch,
but the vacuum diagram I have says it goes into a 'T' near what is called a Solenoid. My question - is this solenoid under the dash - I cannot seem to locate it to re-hook up the vacuum line. I wanted to get this
all straightened out as my wiper door bypass switch arrives this week and I'd like to make sure everything works as it should,

Also - my clutch seems to have a good bit of travel before it engages - being new to Corvettes I don't know if this is normal or is the clutch worn.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:51 PM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

Received 2,608 Likes on 1,394 Posts

On a 1970 the small blue strip goes from the headlight switch to the override switch on the left.

The right override switch is the wipers, and the small blue goes from override switch to wiper solenoid, which is mounted on the back of the tach.

I assume 69's are the same, or maybe not.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:21 PM
TimAT
Le Mans Master

Received 424 Likes on 385 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Willcox has an excellent diagram of the vacuum system on his website in the tech papers.
Clutch adjustment is, well, clutch adjustment. Adjust for 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch from the bearing to the pressure plate. YMMV
Old 09-16-2018, 05:41 PM
jpatrick62
Burning Brakes

Received 243 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceaxe
On a 1970 the small blue strip goes from the headlight switch to the override switch on the left.

The right override switch is the wipers, and the small blue goes from override switch to wiper solenoid, which is mounted on the back of the tach.

I assume 69's are the same, or maybe not.
Thanks - I'll look for that!

Get notified of new replies

To Vacuum Hose on 69

Quick Reply: Vacuum Hose on 69