Vacuum Hose on 69 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette

Vacuum Hose on 69

Old 09-15-2018, 06:02 PM
jpatrick62

Default Vacuum Hose on 69

Hello, in the midst of fixing some wiring issues under the dash, I must have knocked off one of the vacuum hoses that goes to the right headlight bypass switch.

This is a 69 convertible, the left side has the blue and yellow tracers while the right side has the red tracer vacuum hose and this blue one. The blue tracer vacuum line is attached to the headlight bypass switch,
but the vacuum diagram I have says it goes into a 'T' near what is called a Solenoid. My question - is this solenoid under the dash - I cannot seem to locate it to re-hook up the vacuum line. I wanted to get this
all straightened out as my wiper door bypass switch arrives this week and I'd like to make sure everything works as it should,

Also - my clutch seems to have a good bit of travel before it engages - being new to Corvettes I don't know if this is normal or is the clutch worn.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:51 PM
Iceaxe
CF Senior Member

On a 1970 the small blue strip goes from the headlight switch to the override switch on the left.

The right override switch is the wipers, and the small blue goes from override switch to wiper solenoid, which is mounted on the back of the tach.

I assume 69's are the same, or maybe not.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:21 PM
TimAT
CF Senior Member

Willcox has an excellent diagram of the vacuum system on his website in the tech papers.
Clutch adjustment is, well, clutch adjustment. Adjust for 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch from the bearing to the pressure plate. YMMV
Old 09-16-2018, 05:41 PM
jpatrick62

Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
On a 1970 the small blue strip goes from the headlight switch to the override switch on the left.

The right override switch is the wipers, and the small blue goes from override switch to wiper solenoid, which is mounted on the back of the tach.

I assume 69's are the same, or maybe not.
Thanks - I'll look for that!

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: