C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roll cage and race seat/harness in C3 Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 10:09 PM
OZGreen69
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=Metalhead140;1598305912]Thanks! Yes, I'm well aware it needs to meet CAMS regs. I actually don't need a cage (being road registered) for the hillclimbs and supersprints I've been doing, but I think it's probably wise as I am going quicker, and I refuse to run Eastern Creek without rollover protection. The cage requirements for targa events are fairly in-depth, I need to make a decision shortly as to whether I aim for those or satisfy myself with a lesser spec. While I've done everything else on the car myself, I have a guy locally who I've known for years who builds and certifies CAMS cages, and he would be doing the bulk of the work. Making it removable and having the different parts of the cage separable is his preference for any car that sees street use/rego anyway, and he has run a number of Targas and built a lot of Targa cages, so to some degree I will leave it to him. I do have the advantage of being a later car with the long fastback rear glass, so the the rear "half cage" should not present too many issues.

I am curious about what it is that you are saying I cannot do with the seat mounting points? I believe the CAMS rules allow altering of the floorpan in order to mount seats? Though admittedly I haven't read those rules for some time. The seat I have in the car has been through scrutineering at multiple events already. Unfortunately it is a composite seat, so the wings cannot be bent for additional clearance.

I have nothing to ad then.. You are in good hands..
Old 11-10-2018, 04:39 PM
gkull
Team Owner

Received 1,329 Likes on 1,057 Posts

When I first installed my seat. I removed the arm rests and the door bar is against the material

The following users liked this post:
Metalhead140 (11-10-2018)

Quick Reply: Roll cage and race seat/harness in C3 Corvettes