C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Glass Hits Metal door Tab

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 04:26 PM
mcookgraphics
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Window Glass Hits Metal door Tab

Just noticed that sometimes my drivers window on 1981 Corvette hits the metal tab on the door seal. Which holds the glass out and doesn't allow it to seal up. Rolling the window up and down, usually I can get it back to the inside of the tab where it belongs but afraid it's going to break my window when closing the door and of course I want it to seal properly. The first image is the metal tab (not sure what to call it), second image shows glass pushed out against tab and not sealed up. Suggestions on how to fix? It doesn't do it every time but I'm assuming this is a common problem?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Old 11-10-2018, 06:00 PM
Big2Bird
Le Mans Master

Received 1,014 Likes on 808 Posts

That is called a blow out clip. Prevents the window from falling out during collision. Best to adjust the window tracks.
Old 11-10-2018, 06:09 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I would bet that your window rollers are worn out for your front and rear vertical tracks.and need to be replaced

I am about 100% certain...that when the door is OPEN...and you roll the window all the way UP. If you grab the top of the window...you can get it to move in and out easily...and can move about an inch or so.....which means....you rollers are SHOT. Like I wrote, I am about 100% certain...but it can also possibly be the felt adjusters or loose components inside the door.

DUB
The following users liked this post:
mcookgraphics (11-10-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Window Glass Hits Metal door Tab

Quick Reply: Window Glass Hits Metal door Tab