C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autometer Gauges, probably will need help with install

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 01:40 PM
RocketNerd
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

the gauges for the center console (smaller) are the 2 & 1/8 inch or 52.4mm gauges.
The following users liked this post:
gw82vette (03-13-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 06:48 PM
RocketNerd
Advanced

Update to my gauge cluster, the 5inch speedo and tach look great, but don't fit the bezel perfectly, so I've taken a bunch of measurements and will be 3D printing a direct fit bezel that not only will allow me to just plug and play to the original bezels, but will allow me to mount the turn signal lights as well as the parking brake, highbeams, door ajar, and headlight door ajar lights so i can move them from the center to the cluster. below is a pic of my 3d design as well as a pic of the the prototype being printed right now so i can fit test and modify as needed.

3d design

prototype being printed on my 3D printer
Old 01-11-2019, 08:08 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

would like to see the finished product.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:17 PM
RocketNerd
Advanced

Originally Posted by Gordonm
would like to see the finished product.
the prototype has been completed and I am very happy with the results. a few very small modifications and I'll be ready to print the actual pieces in black. As you guys can see the gauge sits slightly recessed to keep from pressing on the clear angled cover and fits into the keyed bezel without any movement. Ill fix the tabs and drill the holes to utilize the stock screws and tabs to hold it in place. the smaller gague fits the bezel perfectly and secures with the autometer components. the three holes/dashes around the sides of the gauge will be for turn signal, brights, and door ajar lights that will be LED's mounted into clear 3d printed blocks that fit into it those slots.

hot off the printer.

keyed tab at bottom and tabs need drilling but fits into recessed perfectly

flush and recessed, rearview

flush front view, keyed into stock gauge cover

rear fitment of new gauge into prototype bezel

front view, snug and centered

mounted in stock gauge, recessed to fit and centered

3 open tabs on the edges will be for left signal (left, green), parking brake warning light (upper, red), and highbeam indicator light (upper, blue)

full bezel fitment side view
The following users liked this post:
Jeffs82c3 (01-12-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 03:43 PM
caskiguy
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 843 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketNerd
the prototype has been completed and I am very happy with the results. a few very small modifications and I'll be ready to print the actual pieces in black. As you guys can see the gauge sits slightly recessed to keep from pressing on the clear angled cover and fits into the keyed bezel without any movement. Ill fix the tabs and drill the holes to utilize the stock screws and tabs to hold it in place. the smaller gague fits the bezel perfectly and secures with the autometer components. the three holes/dashes around the sides of the gauge will be for turn signal, brights, and door ajar lights that will be LED's mounted into clear 3d printed blocks that fit into it those slots.

hot off the printer.

keyed tab at bottom and tabs need drilling but fits into recessed perfectly

flush and recessed, rearview

flush front view, keyed into stock gauge cover

rear fitment of new gauge into prototype bezel

front view, snug and centered

mounted in stock gauge, recessed to fit and centered

3 open tabs on the edges will be for left signal (left, green), parking brake warning light (upper, red), and highbeam indicator light (upper, blue)

full bezel fitment side view
Nice work.

Quick Reply: Autometer Gauges, probably will need help with install