C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1969 Convertible - Alarm Lock Assembly Nut FROZEN

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 05:46 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Ask any question you like....obviously as long as it pertains to Corvette stuff.

DUB
Old 02-17-2019, 10:12 PM
mkalman4867
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DUB
YES...apply a primer and then paint it whatever color you want it to be. Seeing how you have those products on hand and no need in going out and investing in other materials. Some may paint it black. But it is not like anyone is going to stick their head under your car and look at it.

I WOULD apply a thin layer of anti-seize on the threads of the new lock cylinder and run the nut on it and make sure you have a film of this anti-seize on it when you go to put it in....so...in the event you need to take it out....it would be easier. Some may want to use candle wax, grease or Vasoline on the threads...so it is up to you. And IF you do lubricate the threads...you do not have to tighten the crap out of it and almost chip your teeth while doing it. Just get it tight enough so it will not move if you plan on using it.

Common sense dictates that you are aslo watchful on getting any lubricate all over the place and back on your clean body...so it does not need to be dripping with a lubricate...which is why I wrote...a thin layer.

DUB
Ok...after an hour in the abyss, alll DONE!!! Can’t thank you all enough.

Now it’s on to removing the alarm horn assembly...looks like I have to remove the muffler and maybe some other stuff to get to the horn but since this is really the first thing I’ve done successfully to my car, I am STOKED! Thanks again!

Quick Reply: 1969 Convertible - Alarm Lock Assembly Nut FROZEN