C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake manifold setup w Sniper efi. Pro’s & con’s

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 02:48 PM
Fredric Björnefält
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Intake manifold setup w Sniper efi. Pro’s & con’s

So, here we are again. I want to hear about your manifold experience w Sniper efi.
So much is said about it won’t work with dual plane this or dual plane that.. I bet you know what I’m talking about
Well, Ive not manage to get mine to work properly. It stumbles & acts just as when you got a minor vacuum leak. (Yes I’ve checked for vacuum leaks) My intake is an dual performer 2-0 with a full plenum divider and I guess this got something to do with it. I was told to buy an open 1/2 spacer but it didn’t do anything. I’m just about to reset the sniper to start all over again and my last resort is a new intake manifold. Does it matter if the manifold is spread or square bored to the efi ? ?

A single plane sounds like 100% but I don’t know if i can find one that fits my street driven, mild cam BB LS5 with L88 hood. Sooo, which manifold do you guys run? Had any problems/solutions?

🇺🇸 Greetings from Sweden 🇸🇪
Old 02-17-2019, 04:49 PM
redcruz1120
Drifting

Received 205 Likes on 122 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Fredric Björnefält
So, here we are again. I want to hear about your manifold experience w Sniper efi.
So much is said about it won’t work with dual plane this or dual plane that.. I bet you know what I’m talking about
Well, Ive not manage to get mine to work properly. It stumbles & acts just as when you got a minor vacuum leak. (Yes I’ve checked for vacuum leaks) My intake is an dual performer 2-0 with a full plenum divider and I guess this got something to do with it. I was told to buy an open 1/2 spacer but it didn’t do anything. I’m just about to reset the sniper to start all over again and my last resort is a new intake manifold. Does it matter if the manifold is spread or square bored to the efi ? ?

A single plane sounds like 100% but I don’t know if i can find one that fits my street driven, mild cam BB LS5 with L88 hood. Sooo, which manifold do you guys run? Had any problems/solutions?

🇺🇸 Greetings from Sweden 🇸🇪

I'm running a dual plane with no problems at all. I had issues with unit initially but after some minor tuning it's very smooth! I have a minor whistle at idle and it was suggested I used a spacer to get rid of that whistle . It doesn't really bother me so maybe in the future I will.

Quick Reply: Intake manifold setup w Sniper efi. Pro’s & con’s