Notices
C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette

C3 seat belt tags

Old 04-21-2019, 01:56 PM
BuddyM
CF Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default C3 seat belt tags

I have re-created the seat belt tags for GM vehicles. I use the original material and sizes. I can do any tag any date for any model or year. I will do these for any member for free just pay $10 for material and shipping for 4 tags, 2 date tags and 2 warning tags. Just send a clear picture with tag dimensions. For NCRS TAG send an original tag for exact matching.

PM me for more info.

BuddyM

78 Corvette

Last edited by BuddyM; 04-21-2019 at 01:58 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by BuddyM:
20mercury (04-22-2019), Greg (04-22-2019)
Old 04-22-2019, 01:48 PM
Greg
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 334 Posts

That's a very generous offer Buddy.
Nice work too
Old 04-22-2019, 10:33 PM
7T1vette
CF Senior Member

Received 1,126 Likes on 1,012 Posts

Your tags look pretty good. The fonts you used are standard, rather than the "compressed" fonts GM used. But they look a WHOLE LOT better than the old, tattered and almost unreadable original tags.
The following users liked this post:
BuddyM (04-23-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 08:46 AM
BuddyM
CF Senior Member

Im working on finding the orig fonts. Any advise on where i can find them would be appreciated.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:07 AM
71 Green 454
CF Senior Member

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

Just curious, are you also making the '71 tags?

Last edited by 71 Green 454; 04-23-2019 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:42 PM
7T1vette
CF Senior Member

Received 1,126 Likes on 1,012 Posts

Your font style looks correct. But the compressed version is 'squeezed' to be thinner; the O's have flatted sides, etc. Whatever style you chose, you just need to find that one "compressed" (ie, Arial, compressed). You can experiment with the font drop menu in MS-Word. I think there are some fonts with standard and compressed versions in that list.

P.S. If you locate the correct 'compressed' font file, send me a PM with that info. I did much the same thing for my '71 seat belts when I had them re-webbed. I couldn't find the compressed font, either, back then.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:07 PM
BuddyM
CF Senior Member

The Material is cloth instead of tyvex. This would require sourcing the material as well as silk screening. I can create the artwork for you but you need to do the rest locally. silk screeners are everywhere so the hard part is finding the material. Take it to a fabric shop and see if they can match it. If you do let me know what you find out.

Thx
BuddyM
Old 04-23-2019, 08:19 PM
BuddyM
CF Senior Member

Here is a draft but I still need to find the correct compressed font. I know its out there somewhere
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
seatbelt tag.pdf (62.4 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by BuddyM; 04-23-2019 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:45 PM
Lakeside49
CF Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts

I wanted to close the loop on my experience with Buddy's seat belt tags because I took him up on his proposition. They are excellent. I purchased sewed/installed new repro seatbelt tags from SnakeOyl two years ago at $20/per tag (@4 tags) and they have already started to tear at the stitching on the driver's side after less than ~1000 miles/25 drives because they are made of paper, similar to the OE. They looked awesome at first, but are surprisingly fragile. (my hobby car was invited to display at a Concours so I regrettably jumped at the first thing). With the set that I received from Buddy, you need to slice them to the dimensions needed on your seatbelt's model year, but they are made of Tyvek instead of paper. They look identical to SnakeOyl's repro tags, also printed on bright white paper as Factory original, but without the prospect of tearing for a long time, a noticeable upgrade that will pass on if legacy is your thing (as me). Buddy made a couple of tweaks based on 7T's' good point about the font. I still don't know how he obtained the proprietary "Firestone" font, but am appreciative of both, the design and highly (highly) competitive cost vs. SnakeOyl's offering that has barely lasted 2-years without degrading. I'm attaching a pic of one of the original seatbelt tags on my car (`'82), and the superior (IMHO) set that I received from Buddy for only $10. I plan to install them next Winter, once and for all.

Bottom line, if you want to replace your raggedy seatbelt tags with sparkling new ones, this is a high quality, affordable and durable repro option from a fellow C3 forum member.

**Buddy, I know you did not expect this endorsement, but I'm pleased so far, sir.

Dave
The following users liked this post:
BuddyM (05-12-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C3 seat belt tags

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: