C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best electric fan setup for Dewitt's radiator

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 07:00 PM
TheGreek!
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by pauldana
Listen to your own rule.. so stop talking to yourself.. ...
post #23 is just a picture of the fan... nothing else... wait... do you think the fans 1"lip is a shroud?!?!?!?! lol. lmfao. wow ... you are a sharp one aren't you...

look at the pictures I posted of my C3... see the shroud dullard??

lets see your engine bay:-)
Apparently you must think its a shroud because you didn't say anything about mounting it into a shroud. For all I know you just screwed some tabs onto it and zip tied it to your radiator which is about what I would have expected from you. And cut the insults Paulina, those aren't working with me either, it just shows me how immature you are which also comes as no surprise to me. As for wanting to see a pic of my engine bay, why do you want to see it? Are you now going to start a dick measuring contest about who has the better engine and/or engine bay? Grow the hell up already. But, since you asked to see it I'll show it and I wont give a damn what you think about it, I'll show it so that other people in this thread can see (and hopefully appreciate) it. Here's what it looks like right now:

And this is what the engine will look like in a few weeks after all the stuff I ordered for it (dewitts radiator and fan combo, fuel system upgrade, ignition system upgrade, etc) arrive:

I'm currently breaking it in with a single 4 barrel carb, it only has 150 miles on it right now. I'm going to install the blower after its broken in and after all the stuff I have on order for it arrive. Its a 454 with a 4 bolt main block, Eagle non twist forging crank, Eagle H-beam rods, speed pro blower pistons, Lunati roller cam, and big port open chamber heads. The blower is a Weiand 8-71 with two 850 double pumper holleys. Its a bit more of a motor than that small block in your car....

Here is the whole car by the way:

I have a stock 350 Vette hood that I'm going to cut for the blower, I'm not going to cut the L-88 hood. It's even painted yellow to match the car already, all I have to do is cut it to fit the blower.

Last edited by TheGreek!; 04-23-2019 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:12 PM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 306 Posts

1st it was you that started with the insults...
and yea, I came back with them...

2nd.. clean engine bay..props ... got to give you that!:-)
and you have a nice mid-upper mid parts build..
should hold well

so that being said.. why in hell with such a build would you chinch on the fans?
serious question...

i can see you are going to need a suspension as well... and some real brakes
and lastly.. trash the ram exhaust horns.. junk

and heads ... what about heads? Don’t junk out and put on profilers or something like that... get real and get some competition ported AFR’s

and an eagle crank? On a blower?? Hell I run a calies dragon slayer in mine and I’m only 650hp... blower motor should be what?? 800hp? That crank will snap
unless it’s a gutless all looks and no go blower... seen a bunch of them.. wast

Last edited by pauldana; 04-23-2019 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:23 PM
TheGreek!
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

and you have a nice mid-upper mid parts build..
should hold well

so that being said.. why in hell with such a build would you chinch on the fans?
serious question...

i can see you are going to need a suspension as well... and some real brakes
and lastly.. trash the ram exhaust horns.. junk

and heads ... what about heads? Don’t junk out and put on profilers or something like that... get real and get some competition ported AFR’s

and an eagle crank? On a blower?? Hell I run a calies dragon slayer in mine and I’m only 650hp... blower motor should be what?? 800hp? That crank will snap
unless it’s a gutless all looks and no go blower... seen a bunch of them.. wast
Ok I'll try to be nice now if you will. Thanks for the compliment on the engine bay, as I'm sure you know it was a lot of work to make it nice. As for "chinching" on the fans, all I wanted was to see if there was some money to be saved in that area because I'm not made out of money. I didn't want to spend more than what was necessary on the fans. I want good fans but at the same time I wanted to keep the cost as low as possible because I don't like spending more than what needs to be spent on things. Judging by the positive responses from people in this thread that bought the dual spal fan setup from Dewitts to go with their Dewitts radiators (they seem to be very happy with it) I decided to do the same and get the dual spal fan setup from Dewitts for my Dewitts radiator. The radiator I got from them is their "HP" radiator with the biggest cores they have because I don't want cooling to be an issue. As for the suspension and brakes (and for the driveshaft, axles, and differential too), those will be upgraded as the money becomes available for it. The trans is a turbo 400, hopefully it'll hold up. I have headers for it, those will be installed later on. The heads are big port open chamber heads from a 502, that's all I need for my purposes. I'm not building a pro drag car, I'm just building a nice street car. AFR heads cost more than I want to spend on heads, if I want more power I'll just turn up the boost with different blower pulleys. As for the crank, the one I got is rated to handle up to 1500 horsepower. Eagle makes more than just one kind of crank ya know. But hey if you want to pay for all those things you'd like to see on my car and engine feel free to send me the cash and I'll redo it. Like I said, I'm not made out of money, I got the best stuff that my limited budget would allow me to get. Anyway, when I get the blower installed I'll post some pics of the car and of the engine, it'll probably be in a few weeks or so.

Last edited by TheGreek!; 04-23-2019 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:39 PM
Jeff k
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

Old 04-23-2019, 07:40 PM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 306 Posts

[QUOTE=TheGreek!;1599279258]

serious question...

i can see you are going to need a suspension as well... and some real brakes and lastly.. trash the ram exhaust horns.. junk

and heads ... what about heads? Don’t junk out and put on profilers or something like that... get real and get some competition ported AFR’s[/QUOTE]

Ok I'll try to be nice now if you will. Thanks for the compliment on the engine bay, as I'm sure you know it was a lot of work to make it nice. As for "chinching" on the fans, all I wanted was to see if there was some money to be saved in that area because I'm not made out of money. I didn't want to spend more than what was necessary on the fans. I want good fans but at the same time I wanted to keep the cost as low as possible because I don't like spending more than what needs to be spent on things. Judging by the positive responses from people in this thread that bought the dual spal fan setup from Dewitts to go with their Dewitts radiators (they seem to be very happy with it) I decided to do the same and get the dual spal fan setup from Dewitts for my Dewitts radiator. The radiator I got from them is their "HP" radiator with the biggest cores they have because I don't want cooling to be an issue. As for the suspension and brakes (and for the driveshaft, axles, and differential too), those will be upgraded as the money becomes available for it. The trans is a turbo 400, hopefully it'll hold up. I have headers for it, those will be installed later on. The heads are big port open chamber heads from a 502, that's all I need for my purposes. I'm not building a pro drag car, I'm just building a nice street car. AFR heads cost more than I want to spend on heads, if I want more power I'll just turn up the boost with different blower puleys. Anyway, when I get the blower installed I'll post some pics of the car and of the engine, it'll probably be in a few weeks or so.
I’m honestly excited to see the pictures of it after it’s installed!!!!
heads mean a lot, but I am sure you know this..
that being said, I have out “dynoed” several blower motors
once the flow of the heads are met and exceeded, the amount of power beyond that becomes very diminished..
and the return becomes null...
it will be interesting to see your RWHP.. I am over 525 at the rear wheels and weigh in at a flat 3000lbs

for a low budget crank I would do a skat over an eagle ...jmho
headers for the blower build should be 2”
i run 1 7/8 kooks headers.. should have gone 2”

Last edited by pauldana; 04-23-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Best electric fan setup for Dewitt's radiator