Notices
C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette

EFI Conversion gas pedal. C3 cars.

Old 04-25-2019, 12:47 AM
cagotzmann
CF Senior Member

Received 223 Likes on 170 Posts
Default EFI Conversion gas pedal. C3 cars.

So what are people doing for Gas Pedal Mods / Requirements for converting to EFI, ?

Do they use a cable gas pedal, or do we need to convert to electronic type to feed a signal to the controllers ?

Can we use something from a newer car as a donor ?

EFI type I would like to use is "multi-port fuel injection system / sequential systems" not the carb type replacements "Throttle body"

Thanks....

Last edited by cagotzmann; 04-25-2019 at 12:54 AM.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:06 AM
Gordonm
CF Senior Member

Received 216 Likes on 185 Posts

I have done several C3 EFI swaps. Only mine has a drive by wire system. My motor is from a 09 LS3 Vette. The pedal came with the motor as did the computer. I had to make a bracket so the pedal fits in the stock location. Not really a big deal but it did take some thinking. All the standard EFI units I have installed I used a Lockar throttle cable and bracket. This way I can customize it as needed for full throttle throw on the EFI system.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:20 AM
Rotonda
CF Senior Member

Received 82 Likes on 75 Posts

I have a much modified late Tuned Port system in my 77. The TPI system used a cable and the 77 originally had a throttle cable system. I modified a Lokar TPI cable system to work with the original pedal.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:39 PM
corvettedave383
CF Senior Member

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

I went with a holley dominator ecu/system, which is happy to talk with the ls3 drive by wire throttle pedal, pedal comes with metal bracket, i cut a section of that bent it round, welded back up, drilled some holes into it, drilled some holes into the steering metal mount in vette, job done

dbw pedals does allow more tuning options within the holley ecu system

Last edited by corvettedave383; 04-25-2019 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:41 PM
Kacyc3
CF Senior Member

Received 120 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by cagotzmann View Post
So what are people doing for Gas Pedal Mods / Requirements for converting to EFI, ?

Do they use a cable gas pedal, or do we need to convert to electronic type to feed a signal to the controllers ?

Can we use something from a newer car as a donor ?

EFI type I would like to use is "multi-port fuel injection system / sequential systems" not the carb type replacements "Throttle body"

Thanks....
it depends on what you buy, if you ls swap and reuse the factory ecm you have to use what it was setup for, if you are using aftermarket intake and efi you can use a lokar cable or try a cable from a c4 or fbody that came with a MPI/SFI engine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EFI Conversion gas pedal. C3 cars.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: