Notices
C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette

Headlight washer solenoid

Old 04-25-2019, 10:39 AM
hardhattg
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Headlight washer solenoid

Anyone have any advice regarding installing headlight washer solenoid and all new hoses to headlights ?

Dow the wiper motor come out to install this solenoid ?

Electrical connections ?

My car still has original wiper
motor with headlight washer solenoid but end is broken off and has long since been
bypassed to just have windshield washers working. I am trying to get headlight washer back on line. Zip products solenoid and hose kit coming does not have Y fittings just T fittings in kit and I donít see a check valve ?
I donít see any electrical wires abandoned that maybe went to the headlight solenoid anywhere. Anyone know how to wire one of these ?

Also so this is a 300 hp automatic win air car. Runs hot and there was a bulletin way back when about adding shroud extension to these small block ac cars to help with overheating. I order shroud extension kit but it looks like itís just half a shroud. Bottom half I think. Is there another piece I should have ordered I donít see anything else in the catalogues or it this what they called and extension ? Just bottom half ?

Thanks for for any help.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:43 PM
caskiguy
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 335 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by hardhattg View Post
Anyone have any advice regarding installing headlight washer solenoid and all new hoses to headlights ?

Dow the wiper motor come out to install this solenoid ?

Electrical connections ?

My car still has original wiper
motor with headlight washer solenoid but end is broken off and has long since been
bypassed to just have windshield washers working. I am trying to get headlight washer back on line. Zip products solenoid and hose kit coming does not have Y fittings just T fittings in kit and I donít see a check valve ?
I donít see any electrical wires abandoned that maybe went to the headlight solenoid anywhere. Anyone know how to wire one of these ?

Also so this is a 300 hp automatic win air car. Runs hot and there was a bulletin way back when about adding shroud extension to these small block ac cars to help with overheating. I order shroud extension kit but it looks like itís just half a shroud. Bottom half I think. Is there another piece I should have ordered I donít see anything else in the catalogues or it this what they called and extension ? Just bottom half ?

Thanks for for any help.
What year is the car ?
Old 04-25-2019, 03:11 PM
hardhattg
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Oops

car is 1969
Old 04-25-2019, 03:53 PM
caskiguy
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by hardhattg View Post
Oops

car is 1969
http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/vem...systems-guide/
Old 04-25-2019, 04:40 PM
caskiguy
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Old 04-25-2019, 05:01 PM
MelWff
CF Senior Member

Received 653 Likes on 627 Posts

here is another thread on the headlight washer system
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-washers.html
The following users liked this post:
caskiguy (04-25-2019)
Old 04-25-2019, 05:59 PM
3X2
CF Senior Member

Received 157 Likes on 132 Posts

Most of the vendors sell the solenoid, aka anti drip valve. I would use the hose kit from Dr Rebuild, it is a lot more accurate as far as diameters and striping. There are two "T" fitting but these are check valves and not plain "T"'s. You'll need to find these used. If you mean the "Y" fitting from the washer pump to the solenoid, these are not reproduced by anybody I found. I had to buy a complete wiper motor/pump just to get this fitting. Hopefully, this picture helps.
The following users liked this post:
caskiguy (04-25-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headlight washer solenoid

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: