Notices
C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette

Van Steel Coilovers

Old 04-25-2019, 07:53 PM
zr1topsportsman
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Van Steel Coilovers

What spring rates, coil spring i.d., shocks has anyone experimented with?
Old 04-26-2019, 02:53 PM
OldCarBum
CF Senior Member

Received 458 Likes on 382 Posts

I purchased the coil overs from Van Steel for all four corners on my 73 big block.
I haven't installed them yet so I can't give you any ideas how they handle or feel.
I would contact Van Steel and go with what they recommend.
They can set you up with the proper spring rates for your style of driving, what you plan to use the car for and whether you have a big block or small block.
You could easily get 20 + recommendations for what other people run which may or may not be correct for you.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:42 PM
gkull
CF Senior Member

Received 377 Likes on 339 Posts

Lots of variables. I like a hard off the line launch without rear end squat. Very little body roll when cornering fast. I use qa1 dual adjustable with 650 pound front end springs. The rear I've always used 500 or now 520#

Yes I drive my vette every where even over 1000 miles in a day

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Van Steel Coilovers

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: