C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'72 vert, weatherstrip.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 11:55 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default '72 vert, weatherstrip.....

Seems the only time the convertible tops have sealed correctly on the driver window is with the top I bought it with in '95, it's SO bad now that I can feel the breeze, especially on the vertical strip on rear edge.....funny as the pass side seals fine, and is of same vintage....

BUT I have had two tops on it after the one I bought it with, the first was a total screw up and not made correctly, it was WAY too short on the side window rear measure....so it hung down so far I had to butcher it up, and so I got tired ot it, and changed yet again, this one fits fine...BUT like the messed up top, the seals just refuse to settle in and freeking SEAL, like I said.....fine on pass side, 80 mph and no breeze, but at 30 mph on the driver side, I feel the damn breeze...

the rubber seems the same on each side, and far as I know, a stupid design....I think it needs be a foam like on the windshield frame edge.....at any rate, who makes a nice soft supple rubber seal I can bolt into place on this and get HELL OVER IT!!!!!
Old 04-26-2019, 12:37 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Who made the weather stripping on it now? CRC is about the best as far a weather stripping is concerned.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:40 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy Mike
Who made the weather stripping on it now? CRC is about the best as far a weather stripping is concerned.
NO clue as to the rubber attached to the top mechanism.....the windshield was replaced some years ago....I think it came from Wilcox....but unsure.....

Get notified of new replies

To '72 vert, weatherstrip.....

Quick Reply: '72 vert, weatherstrip.....