Notices
C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette

Tire Clearence Question w/Van Steel 2" Offsets

Old 05-13-2019, 11:58 PM
Lardog Houston

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tire Clearence Question w/Van Steel 2" Offsets

I ordered a set of Van Steel 2" Off Sets from Eck. for my 76 and had a tire clearance question fo those of you running 18". I will be going 18" x 8 front and 18" x 10 w/5.5 backspacing on the rear. What tire size are yall running in the rear on your 10's? Want to get the most meat I can tucked under the back.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:34 AM
RocketNerd

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 05-14-2019, 09:42 AM
Lardog Houston

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Your side pipes

Originally Posted by RocketNerd View Post
Rocket, I saw you were going to be installing Hooker sidepipes on your 76, how difficult was it getting the headers in?
Old Today, 09:56 AM
RocketNerd

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I installed them in a day, no issues with fitting them into the car, no dinging needed for clearance, took a little work from both the top and the bottom, so if you have access to a lift, all the easier.
Old Today, 11:49 AM
CA_WxMan
CF Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Lardog Houston View Post
I ordered a set of Van Steel 2" Off Sets from Eck. for my 76 and had a tire clearance question fo those of you running 18". I will be going 18" x 8 front and 18" x 10 w/5.5 backspacing on the rear. What tire size are yall running in the rear on your 10's? Want to get the most meat I can tucked under the back.
I run 275/40R18 on an 18x9.5" wheel and don't have any issues with rubbing or interference.
I know that I've seen a couple cars with 285, but I think they may have been a shorter profile 285/35R18.

-Chris

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: