Notices
C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette

1974 corvette audio system questions

Old 05-15-2019, 08:34 PM
miked123
CF Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1974 corvette audio system questions

My first question is what is the specs for OEM kick panel speakers.

Also, what are the specs for the In-dash speakers?

my second question is will aftermarket speakers work with a Kenwood KDC-152 stereo? This is what I have installed in my car right now. I have only two in-dash OEM speakers which work great but I'm looking for better sound quality to replace the in-dash speakers and to install in the kick panels.

Last edited by miked123; 05-15-2019 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:35 AM
7T1vette
CF Senior Member

Received 1,062 Likes on 956 Posts

The '74 C3 did not have kickpanel speakers. Only '68 & '69 cars had kickpanel speakers, and they did not have dash speakers. If you car has dash and kickpanel speakers, the system has been modified in the past. I added K/P speakers to the dash speakers in my '71 many years ago and love the improvement. But, that work needs to be done correctly. Just putting some speakers in the K/P's and wiring them with the dash speakers can be good (if done properly) and can be bad (if done poorly).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1974 corvette audio system questions

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: