C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need for speed

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 12:53 AM
82coupe
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need for speed

My 82 coupe's engine has been rebuilt to original specifications including the crossfire injection. How can I get more power and maintain some degree of original specs. What about underdrive pulleys, proformance chips, Ignition modules to increase dwell,throttle proformance switches.How about true dual exhaust, I should be able to add another catalytic converter for the second pipe.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:04 AM
battsup
Melting Slicks

Default Re: need for speed (82coupe)

Exhaust and a camshaft will give you the most bang for the buck, but if what your looking for is a seat of the pants experience and dont mind a little bit poorer gas mileage then you could replace the rear gears with 3.73s. I personally wouldnt reccomend anything higher(4.11s,etc) because of the gear noise at high speeds
Old 05-28-2003, 01:09 AM
tnt76vette
Drifting

Default Re: need for speed (battsup)

Trual Duals, with or w/o Cats, depending on your states emission laws, will give you a definite Kick in the A, and help your mileage in the process....... :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
Old 05-28-2003, 04:42 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: need for speed (82coupe)

Hi Mark. and welcome the the Corvette Forum :seeya

One of the greatest corssfire tuners lives in your backyard. Ken73. Him and Marck (Twin Turbo) have another forum set up for us...
http://www.crossfire.homeip.net:81/
You can find tons of info about the crossfire there...And plenty of hop up info too....

Take a look, but don't forget to come back here too...this place is great. :thumbs:

Get notified of new replies

To need for speed

Quick Reply: need for speed