C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Marathon weekend pay off, made some noise to tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 09:32 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Marathon weekend pay off, made some noise to tonight!

After working till 10 Fri, 8 to 8 Sat and 8 to 8 Sun I fired up the little mouse for the first time since Aug. Didn't get to take it for a spin since it looked like it was going to storm. Funny thing I left off the drives side exhaust pipe and gave it a crank. Scared the hell out of me! Guess since I never started it with an open header and coupled with the fact it fired up immediately it just took me by suprise. :) Other than a bunch of exhaust leaks :rolleyes: and the Proforma timing cover scraping againt the timing tab, everything seems good.

Reason the car was apart was I thought I had toasted the tranny because of a vibration but it turned out to be the rear diff bracket has lost the nut. It did give me a chance to put in an adj pivot stud since I was having some issues with my clutch geometry from the centerforce clutch. Pushes in real easy now and I have a lot of room for adj so I guess I fixed, find out more hopefully tomorrow.

Now to clean up the garage. :cry

[Modified by Fevre, 9:34 PM 6/8/2003]
Old 06-08-2003, 09:46 PM
evilsmf
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Marathon weekend pay off, made some noise to tonight! (Fevre)

Now to clean up the garage. :cry
Yep, I have said that for a year and a half since my vette has been in the shop! :rofl:

[Modified by evilsmf, 8:47 PM 6/8/2003]
Old 06-08-2003, 10:59 PM
75Rag
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Marathon weekend pay off, made some noise to tonight! (Fevre)

That's great Chris ... :hurray: So ..... when are you heading out our way again?

Get notified of new replies

To Marathon weekend pay off, made some noise to tonight!

Quick Reply: Marathon weekend pay off, made some noise to tonight!