C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Twin Turbo for Small Block Chevy...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 08:53 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Default Twin Turbo for Small Block Chevy...

I just found this link in OT...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2433017666

I wonder if this turbo could be installed on a C3.. :confused: :confused:
Old 09-22-2003, 11:23 PM
pillowmeto
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Twin Turbo for Small Block Chevy... (GrandSportC3)

I saw a used one on ebay a month or two ago for $400, but it was a single turbo and some of the pipes ahd been lost, but easily replaced, it was also designed to hook to a carb. I liked it and that looks great too. Space might be a problem.

MAtt
Old 09-22-2003, 11:24 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Default Re: Twin Turbo for Small Block Chevy... (pillowmeto)

I saw a used one on ebay a month or two ago for $400, but it was a single turbo and some of the pipes ahd been lost, but easily replaced, it was also designed to hook to a carb. I liked it and that looks great too. Space might be a problem.

MAtt
Space is always a problem with C3's... However - I think that it would be possible to install those turbos in a C3.. but it would require a lot of work...
Old 09-22-2003, 11:37 PM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 391 Likes on 237 Posts

That would be sweet. :cool:
Old 09-23-2003, 10:48 AM
SnoDrgn
Team Owner

Location: Swords Check/Saws Check/Clubs Check/Claws Check/Hatred Check/Anger Check/Murmaid Check/Murder Check
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran

I think space is too tight for this kit to just bolt up. Definately gonna need some fabrication to make it work.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:18 PM
WashingtonRacer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Twin Turbo for Small Block Chevy... (SnoDrgn)

Those would fit in the engine compartment, That is if his statement is correct.. I did alot of measuring and my original turbo manifold were much like those and had about 5 1/2 inches of height on them from the exhaust port centerline to the mounting flange for the turbo. They also located the turbos to sit on top of the valve covers with the inlet of the turbo facing the intake manifold. It worked however I believe you would need to go to a TT hood, It may actually fit I am not sure, I went ahead and got a tt hood anyways just cause I like them so much. Anyways this one is only 4 inches up from the exhaust centerline, and locates the turbos so the turbo inlet is facing towards the front of the engine. I bet you it would fit, You may need to use low rise valve covers though.

the turbos them selfs are the only thing that looks half way decent, The manifold look durable, but you could have them made just like those for about 700. or about 400 if you want to do them your self. Everything else is kinda shotty, The intercooler looks like it's something out of a Ford truck or something, very thin not good for large volume flow with high boost. You would probabily need to hack up your radiator support, relocate your alternator, Do quite a bit of work shielding your booster and master cylinder the wategates may come pretty close to the A-arms, unless you can reverse it and have them point towards the firewall.

all in all, I bet you could make it work, it would require some creative fabrication though.

Get notified of new replies

To Twin Turbo for Small Block Chevy...

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo for Small Block Chevy...