C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

good pc for a chrome bumper BB?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 02:35 PM
Yellow79
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good pc for a chrome bumper BB?

this is just a heads up to anyone looking and willing to travel for a car, and im also curious about the pricing on it... seems real low... theres a local car here in sheridan wyoming that is being sold for 10k - its a '70 chrome bumper shark that has a NON original motor, currently a 396. he does have a corvette coded big block core that would match that goes with the car, and the orignal motor was a 390 horse 500 ft lb 454 according to the plate on the center console. the car has a brand new interior, needs two parts that cost maybe 200 dollars total. 4 spd manual, 4 yr old paint that is very nice with a few tiny nicks - otherwise its almost show car quality. the chrome bumpers have a few dings here and there. took the car to a shop and put it on a lift-looks like EVERYTHING has been gone through underneath, its all shiny and black with new rubber. i could eat off the suspension front and rear. no leaks and a new dual exhaust with headers. car runs VERY strong, estimating 400 horse and more quite a bit more torque than that. the engine also has the original carb from the 454. 3.73 rear gears, bright yellow seems to match the original paint. owned by a respectable mechanic who is needing money to finish up a drag car. if anyone is interested i will take some pictures. seems to me a good deal but i dont really know the value of the chrome bumper cars , especially without a complete matching engine. anyone have a clue what this car should be worth? :confused:
Old 11-18-2003, 06:25 PM
Yellow79
Instructor

Default Re: good pc for a chrome bumper BB? (Yellow79)

hey thanks for the replies guys :lol:
Old 11-18-2003, 06:31 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

that sounds like a good deal to me especially given that you can also get the original block. I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up if I were you. :cheers:
Old 11-18-2003, 06:33 PM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

everyone is slipink....
Old 11-18-2003, 07:07 PM
Yellow79
Instructor

Default Re: good pc for a chrome bumper BB? (GDaina)

actually i did consider picking it up for awhile but that would mean i would have to sell my car, and i dont want to do that since i have too much work into it. im just curious as to whether or not this is as good as a deal as i think it is-im thinking the car should be worth somewhere around the 20's at least- if so someone should take advantage since most of the people here will end up bubba'ing the car to death, and id hate to see that. also, it is NOT the original block, but rather another BB core that came from a corvette im told, around the same era but i havent checked into it. who knows it couldve come from a pickup, but i think i can trust this guys word since ive done business with him for years and ive yet to catch him trying to screw anyone,

[Modified by Yellow79, 12:08 AM 11/19/2003]
Old 11-18-2003, 11:21 PM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get the casting number from the block and thenumber from the engine pad and post it....we'll tell you what's the block's application

Get notified of new replies

To good pc for a chrome bumper BB?

Quick Reply: good pc for a chrome bumper BB?