C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leak from corners of decklid

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 06:48 PM
Motor City Vette
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Leak from corners of decklid

When washing my car, water leaks in from both corners of the decklid into the rear compartment. Quite a bit of water comes in...I now take out the carpet in the rear before washing my car so it doesn't get soaked. The weatherstripping seems to be in decent shape and looks rather new. Any ideas? Is there a way of adjusting the decklid so that it fits tighter against the body?
Old 02-15-2004, 07:07 PM
hiyosilver
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Leak from corners of decklid (Motor City Vette)

Water is most likely coming in the grills on the lid by the rear window.Pull the carpet back in therear by the wheel well housing and you should see a rubber drain hose .More than likely deteriorated.Check and let us know .Ps im not certain if ac cars have the hose maybe someone else will chime in
Old 02-15-2004, 07:15 PM
Pat71vette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Leak from corners of decklid (Motor City Vette)

If the car has air conditioning then the drains don't exist. The corners I would check the condition of the weather stripping to see if its loose or damaged also while you there check the deck top and see if the top has started to seperated from the the two glass layers. Mine was starting to split and the water would work its way in.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:48 PM
Motor City Vette
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Leak from corners of decklid (hiyosilver)

No, the water comes in from the decklid. I had my neighbor run some water over different parts of the rear to see where the leak was coming in. When he rain the hose over the decklid, the water funnels down to the corner of the decklid and comes in.

Get notified of new replies

To Leak from corners of decklid

Quick Reply: Leak from corners of decklid