C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1978 corvette door latch?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 08:42 PM
Lippy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1978 corvette door latch?

anyone ever change a drivers side door latch. worked fine for about two months. Now will not open from outside or inside. Freind says clips probably were bad, and came loose. do hav enew clips now. Is this a job i could possibly do? although everything i touch turns to mud!!! Also had a cd player installed, now power antenna and also temp gauge and oil pressure gauge are not working. said he did not touch them? please email me with your help. thanks, JIM

lippyscollectables#junocom :withstupid: :withstupid:
Old 03-17-2004, 03:30 PM
verskel
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 1978 corvette door latch? (Lippy)

68's are completely different.......here ya go

TTT :D
Old 03-18-2004, 11:03 AM
gliot1
Safety Car

Received 1,450 Likes on 755 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Default Re: 1978 corvette door latch? (Lippy)

The door mecahsims are pretty easy to deal with, just a bit tedious. You can get to everything by removing the door panel. As for the guages: I would suspect that either the master connector or the the nuts on the pc board on the back of the guages are at fault. The is a soft PC board that fits across all of the guages. Each guage has (2) nuts that tighten to the board. I had a flakey oil pressure guage, and found that the ground nut was loose. The stereo installer may have not did anything with the guages, but he most certainly had to remove the panel to install a stereo. for that reason I would guess a lossened or jostled connection. Be careful with the PC board, as it is fairly delicate and expensive to replace. I have seen where the large molexd type connector is not installed securely into the PC board.

Get notified of new replies

To 1978 corvette door latch?

Quick Reply: 1978 corvette door latch?