C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

old school Mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 08:15 PM
moondoggy200
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default old school Mechanic

Hi I live in North county, San Diego , I just bought my first corvette and could sure use a good Mechanic to help with the hard stuff. any names and numbers would be very helpful thanking you all in advance. moondoggy outtttt.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:35 PM
oldalaskaman
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

you should post this in the socal section and also do a search there, there's some excellent mechanic's in your area.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:00 PM
brando1118
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moondoggy200
Hi I live in North county, San Diego , I just bought my first corvette and could sure use a good Mechanic to help with the hard stuff. any names and numbers would be very helpful thanking you all in advance. moondoggy outtttt.
Additionally,
You are on a forum where there are a number of great old school mechanics. Me NOT being one of them, LOL! I'm just going to tell you straight up: You are in for some major, major pain if you think your plan of action is to take the hard stuff to a mechanic. I don't know your mechanical expertise and I don't want to or mean to insult. You should consider tackling some of the "hard stuff" yourself with the help of this forum. Many, many great people on here that will be glad to help. Most importantly you will begin to have a working knowledge of your car which is huge with the C3.
Good luck.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:09 AM
oldalaskaman
Le Mans Master

first , your answer is excellent, but, some folks have disabilities or other issues that prevent them from enjoying the process of having carnal knowledge with their corvette, my girlfriend calls it 'corvette therapy' , thats why I try to just answer folks questions. Your answer was excellent for 'bout 80% of the members, just wanted to point out that on these 'puter's , we cant 'see' others issues.
to some of you inexperienced members, thats why pictures are an important part of the process, sure we're nosy and want to see what you're doing, but when you have a question and we can see what you're looking at, even if you dont know the right name for it and call it a thingy , you can still get good tech. advice from these members.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:19 AM
brando1118
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oldalaskaman
first , your answer is excellent, but, some folks have disabilities or other issues that prevent them from enjoying the process of having carnal knowledge with their corvette, my girlfriend calls it 'corvette therapy' , thats why I try to just answer folks questions. Your answer was excellent for 'bout 80% of the members, just wanted to point out that on these 'puter's , we cant 'see' others issues.
to some of you inexperienced members, thats why pictures are an important part of the process, sure we're nosy and want to see what you're doing, but when you have a question and we can see what you're looking at, even if you dont know the right name for it and call it a thingy , you can still get good tech. advice from these members.
oldalaskaman,
Yep, you are right. Didn't even consider someone with disabilities and that was poor judgement on my part. Thanks for the constructive criticism and insight.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:22 AM
oldalaskaman
Le Mans Master

Old 05-22-2012, 10:24 AM
moondoggy200
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thank both of you guys for your help and encouragement into this new adventure. my big issue is I live in a glorified Trailer park Estate, and were not allowed to do car work in the drive way. this forum is a great source of knowledge thanks to all of you""" moondoggy outtttt.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:54 AM
oldalaskaman
Le Mans Master

socal has a really nice , active, laid back C3 club, they would be a good start

Get notified of new replies

To old school Mechanic

Quick Reply: old school Mechanic