C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You guys running Demon carbs, where do you hook the brake booster line?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 08:23 AM
KJL
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Default You guys running Demon carbs, where do you hook the brake booster line?

Looking to switch to a Demon carb but not sure where I will hook the vacuum assist line. The Edelbrock's have a fitting on the rear but the Demons do not.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:25 AM
GTR1999
Tech Contributor

Received 2,607 Likes on 1,335 Posts

I had the same question a couple of weeks ago installing a Speed Demon. The edelbrock intake has a vacuum port but it's blocked by the heat sheild and rear carb bowl. I ended up using a tee in the 3/8 rear vacuum line out of the carb. The PB and PCV are tee'd off that. It works but I would have rathered used a separate line for the PB booster. The stock GM LT1 intakes solve this by having the intake vacuum port offset to clear the Holly carbs. I wonder why Edelbrock doesn't redesign their intakes to account for this with the number of Hollys and Demons on the market?Edelbrock sells a short 90* street elbow that's supposed to fit under a Holly bowl but then you would have to cut a hole in the heat shield if you're using one.
Gary
Old 08-12-2004, 10:50 AM
KJL
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

I am using a 2 inch spacer but that port is being used for the accessory line and a vacuum line for the Turbo 400 trany. I guess it is possible to drill and tap the intake and install an NPT fitting.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:02 AM
gkull
Team Owner

Received 1,329 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Default My 750 Speed demon

right under the rear bowl is a 3/8th fitting. It's so tight up against the metering jet block that it's hard to push on a 3/8th rubber hose.

So me being a smart guy I ground the block for clearance. If you look at the rear metering block. It has a machined lip that holds the block to bowl gasket. I ground the block down to within a few thousants of the edge of the lip.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:10 AM
VETDRMS
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the port at the rear of the carb for headlights/tranny.
I tapped my intake for the brake booster line.

Old 08-12-2004, 12:14 PM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

I have the brakes running off of a small fitting in the intake. I have the pcv valve running off of the fitting on the carb.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:16 AM
IRON WILL
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to a hardware store and bought a 90 degree brass pipe fitting. There is an external and internal threaded part. The body of the fitting is square. Gave me all the clearance I needed under the rear bowl. You want full manifold vacuum for the brakes and if possible you want it to be a deticated line, no tees. PCV goes into the back of the Carb.

Get notified of new replies

To You guys running Demon carbs, where do you hook the brake booster line?

Quick Reply: You guys running Demon carbs, where do you hook the brake booster line?