C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What all would be needed to switch to fuel injection?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 12:28 PM
sharkthehunter77
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What all would be needed to switch to fuel injection?

When it comes down to it i'd rather ahve a throttle body or have true multi point injection. I think a motor like my ZZ4 w/ ported intake and heads would be more complete without a carb. What all is envolved with going with the switch? More specifically i'd like to keep my mech. fuel pump and myabe not have to get a sendeing unit for the tank. Who here has done the switch and what were the tech issue you encountered and the cost of the project? Lokking at both the edelbrock throttle bodies and multi-point systems.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:20 PM
burners
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

I've done the Holley Commander 950 Multi-port EFI on my '78. The installation was really very straigthforward. Adding the electric fuel pump is really no big deal. I tied it into the existing plumbing. I highly recommend the Holley system. The only extra thing required is a fuel return line from the engine to the tank and that wasn't difficult either.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Brettmc
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Someone on here has the TBI from Holley. That's what I'm leaning towards also. I really like the idea of a TBI unit that bolts onto an existing manifold and the tunability of the Commander 950. You will need an electric fuel pump, a fuel return line and a sump in your tank. I bleve that's it for the major stuff. How about the Offy crossram intake and 2 TBIs on it, sitting on a SBC? YumYum.

Brett
Old 08-12-2004, 01:40 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brettmc
How about the Offy crossram intake and 2 TBIs on it, sitting on a SBC? YumYum.

Brett
Better yet 2 tbi's on top of a 6/71 or 8/71 blower.

Get notified of new replies

To What all would be needed to switch to fuel injection?

Quick Reply: What all would be needed to switch to fuel injection?