C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash Caps And T-Top Skins

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 03:47 PM
rafto
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash Caps And T-Top Skins

I see them in the Auto Accessories of America catalog and was wondering if anyone has tried them..

Last edited by rafto; 08-13-2004 at 03:48 PM. Reason: left out word
Old 08-13-2004, 03:59 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

yes, tried them, will I ever get one again? No, waste of money? Yes, Poor quality? Yes. they say it can be installed while dash is in car, don't see how to pull that off. I had the dash out, had plenty of c-clamps and it still fits like crap. Took som trimming, a lof of flue. The plastic is thick, so bezels & ***** & stuff don't fit properly, the glove box door hangs on it, the speaker grilles are not removable, just a line and punched holes. Never again. I will build a custom interior just to get rid of the damn thing.
Old 08-13-2004, 04:01 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo
...waste of money? Yes...
Old 08-13-2004, 04:03 PM
rafto
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash Caps And T-Top Skins

That settles the dash cap. Saw another post a little farther down. Doesn't look good. Still wondering about T-Top skins. Thanks..
Old 08-13-2004, 04:19 PM
Ak. Mal
Race Director

Location: Kansas City, MO ...I'd like to go fishing and catch a fishstick. That'd be convenient. - Mitch Hedberg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo
yes, tried them, will I ever get one again? No, waste of money? Yes, Poor quality? Yes. they say it can be installed while dash is in car, don't see how to pull that off. I had the dash out, had plenty of c-clamps and it still fits like crap. Took som trimming, a lof of flue. The plastic is thick, so bezels & ***** & stuff don't fit properly, the glove box door hangs on it, the speaker grilles are not removable, just a line and punched holes. Never again. I will build a custom interior just to get rid of the damn thing.

Exactly the same results I got. I looks decent, but was not worth the effort, and agree, never again.

Like TT, I used a load of spring clamps and c-clamps. The whole passenger side let go. I had to go to the store and find another adhesive. I ended up using a 3m adhesive that reminds me of rubber cement.

Get notified of new replies

To Dash Caps And T-Top Skins

Quick Reply: Dash Caps And T-Top Skins