C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keisler TKO 5 speed Group Purchase - Offer Extended Until 12/31!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 08:36 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Priya
Of course when you know a transmission is rated at 350 lb/ft and your motor puts out more than that you wouldn't be too bright to use that transmission.
I guess I shoulda just said what I was going to since it doesn't appear to bother you what you post or what others reply, it would make no difference to me and brighter people than me if the tranny was rated at 325 or 350 ft/lbs. Is that continuous load over a 24 hour period or a one shot rev to 5000 grand and dump the clutch, 25 ft/lbs is a mute point genius
Old 03-05-2010, 08:39 PM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now Now MotorHead lol.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Priya
Le Mans Master

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

I've been over that thread Shaker. Two Keisler reps said they will continue to sell TKOs at the same price they always have. You can wonder all you want how they do that, it won't change the facts (lol).

The fact is the TKO's are still for sale on their website and that isn't going to change. Apparently you've got a grudge with Keisler, I suggest you contact them about it and try to work it out rather than impotently spreading rumours about them here.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Priya
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by MotorHead
I guess I shoulda just said what I was going to since it doesn't appear to bother you what you post or what others reply, it would make no difference to me and brighter people than me if the tranny was rated at 325 or 350 ft/lbs. Is that continuous load over a 24 hour period or a one shot rev to 5000 grand and dump the clutch, 25 ft/lbs is a mute point genius

I don't care what you think, the 25 ft/lbs does make a difference to me. I'm planing a 350 motor with 325-350 lb ft so the T45RS just meets my objectives, if it was rated at 325 lb/ft I'd probably be looking at a heavier transmission. Don't whine to me about your not having said what you were going to, people are going to respond to what you said, not what you were thinking of saying genius.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:52 PM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

I would much rather purchase a product from a company of which is in good standing with it suppliers for the goods that they resell and or produce for the general public with good service and backing. But hey that is just me lol.

Ok just the Facts. FACT again also said by Keisler They NO longer have a direct relationship with Tremec. That is a FACT. Which means they WILL have to purchase any said transmissions from another source at the same prices you or I can purchase said gear box.

So lets just say that they can in FACT sell the same kit for the same price as before without the added income from the sell of the gearbox which is not that much. They would have to make up for those lost funds with the other parts that are needed for an install of which are already up around retail. How long can they do that and keep there doors open for such sales?

Anyone can put up anything for sale but that does not mean they have such item in stock and ready to ship.

Last edited by SHAKERATTLEROLL; 03-05-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Priya
Le Mans Master

The TKO isn't their only product shaker and as you suggested yourself they may get a jobber price on the TKO and likely with their modifications and package it has always sold for more than the basic TKO anyway. You don't know and you're just speculating. I certainly wouldn't take your word for it about who they will or won't be buying transmissions from at what price - your calling your speculation a fact won't make it one. I suggest you contact Keisler themselves and ask them these questions rather than me. If they're making less money they can cut costs as they've clearly already done and they may make less money but that doesn't mean it won't be a profitable business. Personally I don't care about the TKO, they make a different trans that perfectly meets my needs, the price is excellent in my opinion and that's what I'll be buying down the road as I'm sure many, many other people will as well.

Last edited by Priya; 03-05-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:06 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

I don't care what you think, the 25 ft/lbs does make a difference to me. I'm planing a 350 motor with 325-350 lb ft so the T45RS just meets my objectives, if it was rated at 325 lb/ft I'd probably be looking at a heavier transmission. Don't whine to me about your not having said what you were going to, people are going to respond to what you said, not what you were thinking of saying genius.
I was trying to be nice in my original post but I see that doesn't matter much to you. BTW you lose 2 points for copying the same word praising the others intelligence .

If I were you and wanted to learn a little I would sit back and ask questions nicely and there are many, many kind and knowledgeable people who would gladly help you. Instead you seem to be very argumentative, annoying and think you know what you are talking about and have only been here for 2 or 3 months. Wow you know your stuff, sorry. How do they rate the tranny ?

Last edited by MotorHead; 03-05-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:07 PM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Priya Great as long as you feel your funds are spent well then by all means purchase any of there products you wish and have fun. When and if you get them lol.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Priya
Le Mans Master

Wow you know your stuff, sorry. How do they rate the tranny ?

I'd explain it to you but its way over your head.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:20 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

A forum member put over 1100HP and 1000ft/lbs on a chassis dyno a few times thru a TKO 600 rated at 600ft/lbs or was that 650ft/lbs I can't remember
Old 03-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Kipring
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Completely OT.

Just good to see a Mason.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:26 PM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Kipring
Completely OT.

Just good to see a Mason.

Thank You nice to be here from time to time. Army 1105
Old 03-08-2010, 09:00 AM
KeislerSales
Racer

Default Keisler isn`t going anywhere

Who is no longer a Tremec Dist. Keisler ? If so what happened I thought they had a pretty good thing going there and their kits were good. Is this Richard ? So no more Keisler supporting vendor for this site ?
There`s already a thread about this so I`ll keep it brief.

1) We are no longer a Tremec wholesale distributor.
2) We still engineer, produce and sell the best Tremec overdrive kits on the market that now include an industry best 5 year warranty.
3) We have some new products coming in the very near future that will leave the competition in the dust.

We still offer discounts for Corvette forum members and will definitely do a group purchase deal just like before. Call or email me direct with any questions or concerns at any time. 888-609-0070 ext. 210 jkauffman@keislerauto.com
Old 03-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Mark Battersby
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KeislerJeff
There`s already a thread about this so I`ll keep it brief.

1) We are no longer a Tremec wholesale distributor.
2) We still engineer, produce and sell the best Tremec overdrive kits on the market that now include an industry best 5 year warranty.
3) We have some new products coming in the very near future that will leave the competition in the dust.

We still offer discounts for Corvette forum members and will definitely do a group purchase deal just like before. Call or email me direct with any questions or concerns at any time. 888-609-0070 ext. 210 jkauffman@keislerauto.com
Just emailed you Jeff - interested in options for my '73 454

Aussie Mark
Old 03-08-2010, 10:51 AM
MotorHead
Race Director

If someone wants to start a Group Buy then start a new thread and collect names for Jeff.

Please let this one die
, the motor I had in my Vette when this thread was started just called and wanted to go back in
Old 03-08-2010, 01:03 PM
rj8806
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't mis-understand you, you said the t45 was rated at 325 when Keisler rates it at 350, if you're not trying to suggest the 350 rating is wrong why make such a statement?

And they've said they are keeping their prices for the TKO the same so why should this concern anyone?

Ford rated the T45 at 325ft/lbs. I worked for Keisler for 5 years, I know what they rated it at (That's why I made that statement). I also said that they go in and fix the "jump out of reverse" issue that plagued the factory T45 and perform other upgrades internally to arrive at the 350ft/lb rating. If you got the 26 spline input shaft option, then the rating is at 425ft/lbs. By the way...that is a continuous rating at the input shaft (4th gear).

Contrary to what you are attempting to say or imply, I am not the "bitter" ex-employee you are trying to make me out at. They do have a good product and I still have friends that work there. I wish no ill-will on them at all.

As for the rest of it.....take it however you see fit.

Last edited by rj8806; 03-08-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Priya
Le Mans Master

It doesn't matter that Ford rated the T45 at 325 ft/lbs, as you said Keiselr modified the transmission so its no longer the same transmission that Ford had so it was incorrect of you to say the Keisler unit is rated at 325 ft/lbs - it's rated at 350 ft/lbs.

Quick Reply: Keisler TKO 5 speed Group Purchase - Offer Extended Until 12/31!!