C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new pully's and gas tank

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 07:10 PM
LIQUIDDRAGON
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new pully's and gas tank

well here are a few pictures of how the project is coming along. finally got the old exhaust and gas tank out and im doing a little cleaning under the car before i start putting the new stuff in.

Old 11-11-2004, 07:30 PM
LIQUIDDRAGON
Melting Slicks

sorry bout the double post. enjoy
Old 11-11-2004, 07:54 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice setup.

Your engine compartment looks great!

Where did you get your tank? What are all the holes for? Looks like gauge & vent but I can't figure out the one to the right of the main inlet.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:58 PM
Retro78
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Would also like to know more about your tank. But don't want to know anymore about your engine, could never afford that. WoW! Nice
Old 11-11-2004, 07:59 PM
comp
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LIQUIDDRAGON
sorry bout the double post. enjoy
thanks I do man it looks good , need to work on that engine bay....
Old 11-11-2004, 08:16 PM
LIQUIDDRAGON
Melting Slicks

i ordered the gas tank from rock valley and i must say i am gonna love putting it in. http://www.rockvalleyantiqueautoparts.com/ndex.htm the small red dot on the left side of the tank is for a vent tube the second to the left in that big drop is the electric fuel pump... one of the little red dots is for the return and the other little red dot on it is the sendind side and the next second from the right is the filler opening and the hole on the far right is for the sending unit to the gas gauge. a stock sending unit bolts in there. oh yea that gas tank cost me $1300 just incase anyone wants to know. no im not rich just had to sell alot of stuff that ment alot to me to get this car as far as i have. so far i sold my restored 60 vw bug 94 jeep wrngler and spent my whole reenlistment bonus and also had to get a personal loan to fund this project.the one thing that i had to sell that still puts a lump in my throat was my 94 wrangler i will miss her
Old 11-11-2004, 09:51 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Thats is a sweet tank but no way im dishing out 1300 for one,but it is sweet,and i got to get those valve covers for christmas What was wrong with the old tank by the way.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:18 AM
LIQUIDDRAGON
Melting Slicks

as far as i can tell there isnt anything wrong with the old tank i just decided that i didnt want to shell out 800 bucks for just an external fuel pump, regulator, and filter. well that is how much the parts were that i wanted to go with. thats when i decided that it would be much nicer having a new tank that i wasent going to have to bring somewhere to get it cleaned and painted which at that point i didnt even want to know how much that was going to cost so i made a few phone calls and decided that a nice new stainless steel tank with baffles inter fuel pump that can be bought at any autoparts store and a new fuel pressure regulator and new sending unit would be the way to go. also i never have to worry about rust in the gas tank again i know taht it seems a little expensive for a tank and i did have to put off getting my new suspension for this but hey i can get that next year when i get my taxes back and i just dont like doing something on my car if i know that i am going to change it again. and also my momma always said dont do something if you arnt gonna do it right.

Get notified of new replies

To new pully's and gas tank

Quick Reply: new pully's and gas tank