C3 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C3 products, services and promotions.

What Every Shadetree Mechanic needs.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Patro46
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Default What Every Shadetree Mechanic needs.

Something us shadetree mechanics have always lacked is a way to stay cool while working on our rides. Not all of us have an air conditioned area to to work on our ladies. I don't, and usually am working in my driveway, which, unfortunately isn't air conditioned. Most attached garages to our homes aren't air conditioned either. What a lot of us DO have, is a second hand refrigerator to keep our favorite drink ice cold. Why not have both?

Wait. That's just another cooler chest. Or is it? It is, after all, it is insulated with the same Polyurethane insulation those 300-500 dollar arctic coolers you've seen at your local outdoors outfitters. So that makes it a pretty good cooler in it's own right. But let's take a closer look. This isn't your ordinary cooler chest. Matter of fact, there's none like it. Let's look a little closer.

It has neat cut outs for your favorite drink. Nice, durable handle. And wheels rolling around on a solid axle. Very well built. But what's that crazy black tube and that control panel?

Maybe we better look inside.

What we have here is a small pump that delivers ice cold water into a heat exchanger located here. This is backed by a waterproof 3 speed blower motor, with both the pump and the fan being powered by either a 7 hr built in rechargeable battery, 12 volt accessory in your vehicle or by 115 volt ac power.

Here is the control for the 3 speed unit operation. Both the plug in remote and charge/power port is located here as well. Note ALL hardware is stainless steel. You won't ever see a rusty screw on this unit. Designed in durability.

Up to 25 mph air is delivered through the register, delivering well over a 30 deg temperature differential after passing through the custom designed evaporator coil. This isn't your ordinary "blow air over an ice cube" cooler you've seen on the 'tube. This unit is efficient and actually "condenses" just like a regular air conditioner. The airflow on this unit is comparable to the air output of a modern day vehicle's blower set to high. It moves a LOT of air. Low speed moves plenty of air on it's own, and is the setting I normally use.

And if you need to aim it directly? Well, you can do that as well. We even offer a 4' convoluted extension as well to reach those areas a little further away. It's even been designed to connect to most shop vac hoses if you need cool air in another room.

Best of all, the only requirement is ice.

OK. SO you have a cool tool. What if more than 10 people want one? You making this in your garage?

Our manufacturing facility creates over 80% of the components in house. With our six in house blow molding machines and various CNC equipment, we can now, at this time build 250 units per day. So availability is indeed assured.

When is it available?

Even though the units are complete and ready for shipping now, our R&D department has just released finished test units into the public, being used in real world environments by real people. When officially released, we want to be sure it's as durable as it has been designed to be. We have a release date of January, but if enough interest is generated, that date could be pushed forward. For now, we will take advance orders, filled on a first come first served basis. No money will be collected at this time. Notification of shipment date will be via email, and for now PM me and I'll place you on the list. Be sure and include an email address. If enough interest is generated here, I'll put a special pricing deal together for forum members.

Pricing.

There will be 3 levels available depending upon accessories. Cost of the units will be between $300-$425 US dollars, depending upon which tier you select.

Color Options.

We have lime green, red and blue units that will be available. Other options such as remote controls are being discussed.

Once again, if you've ever wished for portable air conditioning that TRULY worked, didn't require electricity making it portable, be it working on your car, hitting the lake or just sitting by the pool, then look no further. Best of all, your already packing a cooler chest. You just never thought it could keep both your beverage AND you cool!

Last edited by Patro46; 06-05-2014 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Added Content

Quick Reply: What Every Shadetree Mechanic needs.