C3 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C3 products, services and promotions.

A41 4L60E automatic conversion kits are back!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 10:40 AM
SilverOverdrives
Supporting Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Default A41 4L60E automatic conversion kits are back!

SST is proud to announce the return of the popular Keisler A41 automatic overdrive kits for 1968-1982 Corvette!

Learn more here: http://shiftsst.com/blog/122-automatic

Kits for C3 are complete with all necessary components to make the conversion, including fluid.

• Better performance
• 30% rpm reduction for excellent highway characteristics
• Complete kit from converter to driveshaft
• No TV cable to fuss with like 700R4 - 2 stand alone controller options available
• Reliable
• No mods or odd driveline angles like Gear Vendors

Call or email today - 844.609.8187 or info@shiftsst.com
2250 Stock Creek Blvd.
Rockford TN 37853
jeff.kauffman@shiftsst.com
Authorized TREMEC Elite Distributor
Old 08-16-2018, 12:47 PM
pe73454
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone done a 4-speed to auto using this kit?

Have any of you installed one of these kits to replace a 4-speed? I'm considering doing this conversion in my 73 big block convertible. Being a little disabled I'll have to find a local shop to do the installation. What I'm wondering is if any of you have actually done this conversion, what pit-falls did you encounter and how long did it take. Since I'll be paying to get the job done I'm reluctant to just drop my 73 and a box of kit parts at a shop and give them an open ended contract to start working without some estimate of hoe many mechanic hours I might have to pay for.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:29 PM
SilverOverdrives
Supporting Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by pe73454
Have any of you installed one of these kits to replace a 4-speed? I'm considering doing this conversion in my 73 big block convertible. Being a little disabled I'll have to find a local shop to do the installation. What I'm wondering is if any of you have actually done this conversion, what pit-falls did you encounter and how long did it take. Since I'll be paying to get the job done I'm reluctant to just drop my 73 and a box of kit parts at a shop and give them an open ended contract to start working without some estimate of hoe many mechanic hours I might have to pay for.
The A41 package was developed back in 2007 on a 1978 Pace Car. It was engineered specifically for automatic cars but you can do the conversion from manual to auto just the same. You'll need:

1. Assuming yours was a 4 speed from birth, you'll need to convert to the auto car crossmember bracket configuration to use our crossmember. We have the brackets and having the body off the frame will be a huge help here, if not an outright requirement, since grinding and welding are involved. Or, cut your center section and fabricate your own arrangement from parts we supply.
2. Automatic brake pedal. This would be optional but if you want to make it 100% correct looking it will be needed.
3. Automatic shifter mechanism. I *think* '72-'76 are the same but do your own research.
4. Auto car console panel. These are different between manual and auto cars up to '76.
5. Any wiring for P/N safety switch or other parts specific to the auto cars.

This really shouldn't be a big deal for a shop that knows Corvettes. If they don't know Corvettes, I would prefer (personally) to find a place that does. They would also be more likely to have or help find the parts you'll need.

Get notified of new replies

To A41 4L60E automatic conversion kits are back!

Quick Reply: A41 4L60E automatic conversion kits are back!