A41 4L60E automatic conversion kits are back! - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C3 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C3 products, services and promotions.

A41 4L60E automatic conversion kits are back!

Old 09-25-2014, 11:40 AM
SilverOverdrives
Supporting Vendor

Default A41 4L60E automatic conversion kits are back!

SST is proud to announce the return of the popular Keisler A41 automatic overdrive kits for 1968-1982 Corvette!

Learn more here: http://shiftsst.com/blog/122-automatic

Kits for C3 are complete with all necessary components to make the conversion, including fluid.

Better performance
30% rpm reduction for excellent highway characteristics
Complete kit from converter to driveshaft
No TV cable to fuss with like 700R4 - 2 stand alone controller options available
Reliable
No mods or odd driveline angles like Gear Vendors

Call or email today - 844.609.8187 or [email protected]
2250 Stock Creek Blvd.
Rockford TN 37853
[email protected]
Authorized TREMEC Elite Distributor
Old 08-16-2018, 01:47 PM
pe73454

Default Anyone done a 4-speed to auto using this kit?

Have any of you installed one of these kits to replace a 4-speed? I'm considering doing this conversion in my 73 big block convertible. Being a little disabled I'll have to find a local shop to do the installation. What I'm wondering is if any of you have actually done this conversion, what pit-falls did you encounter and how long did it take. Since I'll be paying to get the job done I'm reluctant to just drop my 73 and a box of kit parts at a shop and give them an open ended contract to start working without some estimate of hoe many mechanic hours I might have to pay for.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:29 PM
SilverOverdrives
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by pe73454 View Post
Have any of you installed one of these kits to replace a 4-speed? I'm considering doing this conversion in my 73 big block convertible. Being a little disabled I'll have to find a local shop to do the installation. What I'm wondering is if any of you have actually done this conversion, what pit-falls did you encounter and how long did it take. Since I'll be paying to get the job done I'm reluctant to just drop my 73 and a box of kit parts at a shop and give them an open ended contract to start working without some estimate of hoe many mechanic hours I might have to pay for.
The A41 package was developed back in 2007 on a 1978 Pace Car. It was engineered specifically for automatic cars but you can do the conversion from manual to auto just the same. You'll need:

1. Assuming yours was a 4 speed from birth, you'll need to convert to the auto car crossmember bracket configuration to use our crossmember. We have the brackets and having the body off the frame will be a huge help here, if not an outright requirement, since grinding and welding are involved. Or, cut your center section and fabricate your own arrangement from parts we supply.
2. Automatic brake pedal. This would be optional but if you want to make it 100% correct looking it will be needed.
3. Automatic shifter mechanism. I *think* '72-'76 are the same but do your own research.
4. Auto car console panel. These are different between manual and auto cars up to '76.
5. Any wiring for P/N safety switch or other parts specific to the auto cars.

This really shouldn't be a big deal for a shop that knows Corvettes. If they don't know Corvettes, I would prefer (personally) to find a place that does. They would also be more likely to have or help find the parts you'll need.
2250 Stock Creek Blvd.
Rockford TN 37853
[email protected]
Authorized TREMEC Elite Distributor

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A41 4L60E automatic conversion kits are back!

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: