Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

69 coupe Houston for sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 07:09 PM
walt69
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 69 coupe Houston for sale

69 coupe excellent cond. Cortez silver/red leather int./power windows/ac./ auto trans. Purchased through dmcorvette.com/
Recent engine upgrade to 350/390hp.fromhttp://www.enginefactory.com/400hp.htm with less than 300 mi. on eng. Recent th400 trans upgrade fromhttp://www.thmonster.com/transmissions/heavyduty/th400/ with less than 200 miles on trans. I still have the original 350/300 and th400. They come with the car if you want them.
Air conditioner has been replaced with all new parts from compressor to evaporator.
$23,500 firm.
Can view vette at http://callahantx.tripod.com/
Or e-mail for pics and info. Walcalla@prodigy.net
Old 06-25-2005, 06:30 AM
Dave1
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

...beautiful car Walt........
Sorry you can't keep her.....
Old 06-27-2005, 08:58 AM
SharkAttack
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Very nice. Here's a bump from someone who lives in your area.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:12 PM
walt69
Advanced

Thanks for the thumbs up and the bump guys. That was pretty cool.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:17 PM
walt69
Advanced

Hi Guys, I have a buyer for my vette(not a forum member)and I am trying to figure out how to make the deal without getting burned. I live in Texas and the buyer is in Georgia. He is willing to wire the money to my bank and then when I have the money I release the car to a auto transport that he set up. What are the potential problems here? Is it safe to give him my bank routing # or do I deal directly with his bank?
I really did'nt think i'd sell the vette out of state,so I did'nt think it through that far.
Any suggestions??
Thanks
Old 07-01-2005, 12:37 AM
Dave1
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by walt69
Hi Guys, I have a buyer for my vette(not a forum member)and I am trying to figure out how to make the deal without getting burned. I live in Texas and the buyer is in Georgia. He is willing to wire the money to my bank and then when I have the money I release the car to a auto transport that he set up. What are the potential problems here? Is it safe to give him my bank routing # or do I deal directly with his bank?
I really did'nt think i'd sell the vette out of state,so I did'nt think it through that far.
Any suggestions??
Thanks
....be very careful here Walt. There are many scammers around these days. Go to your bank and explain the situation. Find out the time elements involved in wiring money between banks. If the buyer is serious he could over night a cashiers check or maybe even give the guy who picks up your car cash if you prefer. Which ever way you go, make sure the money is safe and in your account with no possibility of any changes a few days later before you hand over the keys........
Good luck......
Old 07-01-2005, 10:01 AM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wire transfer is the safest way to do the transaction. If the buyer is willing to transfer the money to your bank before he takes possession of the car, the major risk is on him.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:04 PM
bgames
Instructor

Another option is to hire an attorney to serve as an escrow agent. He holds the money and the title to the car. When both clear, he makes the exchange. It worked well for me in a similar transaction recently. Cost me $250.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:07 PM
Maalox
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08

Originally Posted by thevettenet CA
Wire transfer is the safest way to do the transaction. If the buyer is willing to transfer the money to your bank before he takes possession of the car, the major risk is on him.
I agree 100%. I just sold two Harleys to two separate out of state buyers. They both wired the funds and at one point I was sitting at home with their money in my account and both bikes still in my garage.

The buyer is the one taking the risk with a wire transfer, not the seller. Cashiers checks can be forged. Don't know of any false bank transfers taking place. Once the transfer is posted to your account you are home free.

Good luck with the sale. Wish I was still living in Houston and had seen your post before you sold.

Maalox
Old 07-02-2005, 07:41 AM
walt69
Advanced

Thanks for the help guys. The buyer is going to send me a cashiers check by certified mail. I will not release the car until I take the check to my bank and they place the funds into my account. I did not think about a forged cashiers check but I guess my bank will know if it's real or not when I give it to them.
It's going to feel weird going into my garage and not seeing the old 69 not sitting there like it's been for the last 5 years.
Thanks again
Old 07-02-2005, 07:48 AM
fl_rider
Drifting

Default For safety's sake...

Originally Posted by walt69
Thanks for the help guys. The buyer is going to send me a cashiers check by certified mail. I will not release the car until I take the check to my bank and they place the funds into my account. I did not think about a forged cashiers check but I guess my bank will know if it's real or not when I give it to them.
It's going to feel weird going into my garage and not seeing the old 69 not sitting there like it's been for the last 5 years.
Thanks again
Check with your bank to see how long it will take for the check to clear.
My bank usually says 7 to 10 business days.

Chris B
Old 07-03-2005, 03:31 PM
SharkAttack
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Wire transfers are generally your safest bet. Good advice above, but be forewarned that your bank and the buyer's bank will charge for wire transfer transactions (i.e. his will be an outgoing wire transfer fee, yours will be an incoming wire transfer fee).

Get notified of new replies

To 69 coupe Houston for sale

Quick Reply: 69 coupe Houston for sale