Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'68 427/435 Green/Black Restored Roadster for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2001, 08:58 PM
Michael Hampson
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, guys!

I'm putting my newly restored '68 up for sale. I'm also in the market for a 63-67 (prefer 65-67) roadster driver that I won't be such as basket case driving. If you know of one, please let me know.

Rather than going into details, just go to the auction site and check it out. I've got it on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...item=593159932

or you can avoid the auction and just go to:

http://members.aol.com/hampson1/corvette.htm

if you want.

Let me know if any of you guys/gals are interested. You can call me at 770-579-9252 (Georgia) if you want to talk about it.

Thanks!
Michael
Old 07-11-2001, 08:59 AM
MacA1979
Always Shiftin'
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 205 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C5 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Michael,
Unfortunately, I am not in a position to purchase that beautiful '68! I just wanted to compliment you on your "masterpiece"!! that is one fine Corvette.

I am an ex-Marietta boy! My parents still live in North Cobb.

Well, at least by replying I got your post back to the top of the list! Good Luck!!

Old 07-11-2001, 06:42 PM
L71rat
Racer

nice car, do you have any documentation such as tank sticker, protecto plate etc.
Old 07-11-2001, 08:29 PM
Michael Hampson
Cruising

Thanks, Mark, for the great compliment! It's a small world! I just got another message from a guy in the NE who's name is Michael and has an almost identical L71, same color in and out, same engine, same options, and built two weeks before mine. What a coincidence.

I work in the Kennesaw/Acworth area.

Michael

Old 07-11-2001, 10:46 PM
GSDreamin'
Safety Car

Mike, You may want to contact Roger at Roger's Corvettes in Orlando. He may have someone looking for a car like yours, he may buy your car, or he may consign your car. The good thing about doing that is that he can arrange financing, which you can't (and you don't know 'who' you're showing the car to; an intersted buyer, or a guy who's gonna come back while you're gone...).

Beautiful Corvette, my friend. Good luck.

www.rogerscorvette.com

Old 07-12-2001, 10:12 AM
L71rat
Racer

got your Email,the car would of been complete with the paper work
Old 07-13-2001, 04:37 PM
Monkeywrench
Melting Slicks

Beautiful car, why are you selling? Looks like you just finished the resto. Don't you want to enjoy it for a while?

Sean

Old 07-13-2001, 06:01 PM
Michael Hampson
Cruising

Scott,

It truly is a difficult decision. However, in weighing the two choices of my OWNING and SHOWING a cool classic Corvette, and RESTORING a classic Corvette, alas, I'm afraid the restoration and tinkering of Corvettes is my true calling. Unfortunately, my space and finances do not permit both, and I have to choose one or the other. So, I'm off to my next project, a mid-year. That will certainly satisfy my thirst for time in the garage, and my thirst for a further education in C2s.

Thanks for the compliments!

Michael
Old 07-15-2001, 01:34 PM
livin
Drifting

Received 275 Likes on 86 Posts

Hi MIchael,

really nice shark!!!! HOw much are you asking for it? How much will you sell it for? Does it still start rough?

Thanks,

Livin
Old 07-15-2001, 02:27 PM
Michael Hampson
Cruising

I'm asking whatever the eBay auction will bring - if it gets to my reserve, which I won't reveal. If it does not, I'm willing to entertain offers...

I've never had a lick of trouble starting it or with it running rough. It's truly been a perfectly running car. I did initially have some running hot problems (never overheated, though) but those are now resolved.

Michael
Old 07-18-2001, 03:10 PM
Chris@VetteFinders
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could also advertise on our site. We are able to sell a ton of vettes.

Old 07-19-2001, 03:21 PM
Maurice
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Michael Hampson
I'm asking whatever the eBay auction will bring - if it gets to my reserve, which I won't reveal. If it does not, I'm willing to entertain offers...

Michael
[/color]
I am not an EBay person and need some explanation. You are selling a car, but you are not telling how much you are selling it for? What is the point in that? You just take offers until it gets to a price you think is acceptable? Wouldn't it just be easier to say "For Sale - 50K firm".
Old 07-29-2001, 12:02 PM
MassVette
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Maurice
I am not an EBay person and need some explanation. You are selling a car, but you are not telling how much you are selling it for? What is the point in that? You just take offers until it gets to a price you think is acceptable? Wouldn't it just be easier to say "For Sale - 50K firm".[/color]
I think the hope is that someone will pay more than high retail for it.

Old 07-29-2001, 12:59 PM
Michael Hampson
Cruising

"Reserves" and "Opening Bids" and their respective values play a very important role in the auction process. Legitimate "Reserve" prices are not intended to prevent the auction from closing at all or to get a "higher than retail" closing bid for an item. There is a lot of good information on how auctions work in the bookstore, if anyone would like to read up on it.

I want to thank everyone for their extremely friendly compliments and offers on my car. I received a tremendous amount of praise and feedback that I really appreciate.

I have received and accepted an offer for my car for $36,500. This was more than I expected, although the auction closed significantly less than that, and below my reserve which was less than average retail for a car in this condition/options. I received a lot of feedback as a result of this forum and the auction. It seems that both are excellent means of publicizing.

Thanks again!

Michael

Get notified of new replies

To '68 427/435 Green/Black Restored Roadster for Sale

Quick Reply: '68 427/435 Green/Black Restored Roadster for Sale