Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

unmolested 82 Collectors Edition FS

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2001, 09:15 AM
js82ce
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default now with correct e-mail

I have decided to sell my 82 CE. There is a ton of information available for these cars, so I'm not going to go into production numbers and why this is one of the best investment corvettes you can buy. It is in very good condition, but not perfect. All the information I post here is accurate as far as I know. This car has all available options except cb radio, to include t-top rack. It is almost all original.The paint is faded on top. but the sides shine well. There are nicks and normal signs of wear in the paint. There is also a small ding on the top of the left fender (size of a quarter)that the previous owner explained as something being thrown up by the tire?. Who know's, but it's not serious. The car gets lots of looks and comments, but it should be painted at some point. This car runs very nicely. It just turned 80k miles. The transmission was rebuilt at 62000. The motor is completely stock and original. Aside from normal tune-ups and oil changes I have replaced the a/c system with a new system (not rebuilt), new alternator (not rebuilt), new ECM (remanufactured)with prom. I have also replaced the ps hoses, belts, upper left control arm bushings, some water and vacuum hoses, antenna relay, courtesy light timer, new TPS, and O2 sensor, door lock switch and harness. I have the original radio which needs work. I threw in a JVC am/fm cass., which did not require tearing up the dash. I have new gm brake pads for all four wheels, but have not needed to install them yet. I also have new door weatherstrips, new headlight seals, replacement door panels (from an original 82 CE-not aftermarket)in excellent condition,the original t-top racks in the bag (which were never used and are absolutely like brand new), and the original t-top bags, I believe the original unused spare is still in the pan. I think the original shocks are still on the car. I have some literature that will go with the car such as an owner's manual, original sales brochure, service manual, etc.
The bad stuff: power door locks do not always work, cruise control has never worked for me but I've never needed it, the factory alarm does not seem to work, the rear defroster has stopped working (wire pulled away from solder joint), there are a few small cracks in the dash, there are some cracks in the driver side seat.
I looked at a lot of cars before I finally bought this one. I couldn't find any that were in original condition and unmolested for a resonable price. I bought this car from a man in his mid fifties, who bought it from an eccentric old lady who was in her sixties (who is supposed to be the original owner). I had dreams of restoring the car while I drove it and keeping it forever. I don't have the time or the means to do this anymore, besides, I need a four seater because my youngest is too big to stuff in the back anymore. I am asking $11,000 for the car. After seeing the crap you get for $9 or $10,000, I think it is a fair price.
The car is located in Broward Cty, Florida. You can e-mail me for photos or answers to your questions.
jstaab56@yahoo.com

[Modified by js82ce, 3:16 PM 8/4/2001]

[Modified by js82ce, 3:18 PM 8/4/2001]

Quick Reply: unmolested 82 Collectors Edition FS