Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1979 BLACK CUSTOM CORVETTE

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2001, 05:44 PM
toy350
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1979 BLACK CUSTOM CORVETTE

This 1979 is equipped with a ZZ4 GM crate motor (355 H.P.), 5 speed Tremec overdrive performance transmission (5th gear has ratio of 0.68:1) and has approximately 7,000 miles on the new engine and drive train. The rest of the vehicle has 63,000 original miles.

To dramatically enhance the look of the interior, I just installed brand new black carpet throughout. In order for the carpet on the door panels to match the new black carpet, I put in brand new door panels with black carpet. The rear storage compartments and the moldings are all brand new to now match the black carpet. The seats are brand new with two-tone leather. They are the stock seats; however, I had Corvette America install black leather on the seat insets where your bottom and back rest. The outer trim is doeskin providing a custom look. I also had the corvette flags embroidered on the head rest portion of the seats with the word "corvette" embroidered in red underneath the emblem. The dash is perfect with no cracks whatsoever and the steering wheel leather is brand new as well. The dash cluster and shifter console now have carbon fiber dash trim as well as the shifter **** being a carbon fiber MoMo ****. The stereo is a Sony CDX-M750 stereo and CD player (most recent technology) with all the bells and whistles including a remote control. The car has two speakers in the dash, two remote tweeters mounted on the dash corners, two 12" subwoofers behind the seats that are custom mounted under the carpet and not visible, and rear speakers with carbon fiber trim on the speaker covers. The system is brand new as well and has two amps, one for the subwoofers and one for the rear speakers. The car won the people's choice award for its class at the Lone Star Corvette Classic in Dallas in August. A picture of the car and custom seats is on page 25 of the magazine "Corvette Vues" August edition.

Externally, the paint is in excellent condition with no fading whatsoever. It is not show quality, but is in excellent condition relative to a street driven car. It does have the usual knicks and scratches from the road, but they are not very noticeable. The only two noticeable items are where the L-82 emblems were on the hood scoop of the car. Since the motor was replaced with a ZZ4, I removed the emblems. The 3 holes, approximately the size of a tic tac, are exposed. I was going to have ZZ4 emblems made to replace the L-82 emblems, but have not done so. The only other blemish is on the right front of the spoiler. It needs some touch-up paint as it rubbed on the car trailer. Absent those two blemishes, the exterior is perfect. If you had it color sanded, which I was going to do and minor touch-up in certain spots, it would be perfect. It definitely does not need a paint job whatsoever. The fenders, both front and back, have the ZL1 flares which dramatically enhances its stance. It allows the car to have 10" wheels all the way around which fit easily within the fender wells. The wheels are custom and not sold within the U.S. Everybody loves the wheels, but I don't think they can get them, so they are one of a kind.

The engine compartment is extremely clean as is the "rust free" frame. The motor, valve covers, etc. look identical to those show in the GM Performance Parts catalog for the ZZ4. It has the stock air cleaner and induction system, which is rare and difficult to find. The air cleaner cover is chrome, as is the master cylinder cover, A/C compressor cover, headlight actuators, dip stick and a few other pieces. It also has the aftermarket windshield wiper compartment cover on it. Mechanically, you have nothing to do whatsoever!

The car is extremely versatile. It is high performance when you need it, but can run for hours on the highway at 80 MPH turning only 2,200 rpms. It gets great gas mileage because of the overdrive transmission, so you can cruise with the C-5's and race it on the strip. It is extremely streetable, tight, mellow sounding with chambered flowmasters connected to hooker super-competition powder-coated headers (unless you put your foot into it, then it gets loud), and probably one of the best all around 79's I have seen.
In addition, it has remote key lock actuators that operate the locks and the brand new Clifford Intelliguard 8000 alarm system.

Additionally, it has A/C, power windows and locks, tilt and telescopic steering.

$14,500

PICTURES AVAILABLE AT http://www.tulsavetteset.com/feature/novfeat01.htm

[Modified by toy350, 3:57 PM 10/1/2001]

[Modified by toy350, 11:54 AM 11/6/2001]
Old 10-02-2001, 10:09 PM
SharkAttack
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Re: 1979 BLACK CUSTOM CORVETTE (toy350)

Sounds very nice. Please e-mail pics. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2001, 03:49 AM
8T1-7T9 BIONIC VETTE
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Please send pictures.....CAPELOUTL001@HAWAII.RR.COM :seeya
Old 10-09-2001, 05:25 PM
Stoge
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a very very very nice 79. Wish I had some cash laying around, I bet my 79 would like a big brother.
Old 10-22-2001, 03:02 PM
MitchellDavidson
Melting Slicks

Default Re: 1979 BLACK CUSTOM CORVETTE (Simon Alexander)

Pics here too

god@gotnet.net

Old 10-25-2001, 12:31 PM
ylose
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: 1979 BLACK CUSTOM CORVETTE (MitchellDavidson)

I am interested in seeing some pics also...

thanks

jeramiej@wi.rr.com

Get notified of new replies

To 1979 BLACK CUSTOM CORVETTE

Quick Reply: 1979 BLACK CUSTOM CORVETTE